Drift: Empire of Stone

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Drift: Empire of Stone

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers: Drift: Empire of Stone #1 three-preview courtesy of the usual place.

Out November 26, alongside MTMTE #35.

---

Description:

DRIFT RETURNS! Last year, TRANSFORMERS readers were shocked when DRIFT left the AUTOBOTS in disgrace… and now he’s alone, on a mission to clean up the darkest depths of the galaxy—until RATCHET shows up to try to bring him home!
Attachments
eos1 p3.jpg
eos1 p2.jpg
eos1 p1.jpg
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Avoiding the obvious commentary against the author* for a sec here (the big boards are doing a fine job with that anyway), I'll admit I had considered giving the first issue of this series a shot, simply due to its ties to MTMTE and, you know, Ratchet. But, hmmmm.... yeeaaah, I know it's just a preview, but it seems awfully light, doesn't it?

* Okay, and the character too.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Yeah, doesn't look like my cup of tea.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I've no expectations whatsoever, positive or negative, so I'll pick this up on the grounds that I like transformers and see what it's like.
I like bears.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Cant say anything on the story but I really like the art. Very different to MTMTE and RIDs usual. Its based on Guidos work on Regeneration isn't it? But yeah, really like the look of this, have no idea what the hooks of the story are.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Maybe McCarthy will work better on a short series. He's written at least one Batman story that didn't suck.

Nevertheless, not going to be following this as singles.