Binaltech & TF Collection guide book first look!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Binaltech & TF Collection guide book first look!

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

More pics at F2F:
http://www.fantofan.jp/

Wow. Bumblebee and Cliffjumper planned as VWs, a Porsche Jazz prototype (the one mentioned by Kobayashi Hironori and Kyde), and Decepticharge's head was planned to be... Windcharger?!?
Oh. And it was originally supposed to be used for the Grimlock remold.

And Lambor was originally going to be Tracks...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

So I guess Decepticharge's body was indeed scheduled for Windcharger...

[the name now makes sense, but is still hideous]

Bring it on, more Stunticons with stolen bodies!
Zisteau

Re: Binaltech & TF Collection guide book first look!

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Unused Bumblebee design! :eek:

:up: That design rocks. Why on earth wouldn't they have used that? (VW deal fall through?) Think of all the repaints they could have mined that for, too.
Nevermore

Re: Re: Binaltech & TF Collection guide book first look!

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Zisteau
:up: That design rocks. Why on earth wouldn't they have used that? (VW deal fall through?)

VW are pussies. They already rejected Hasbro's approach in 2003. Allegedly, their words were "NO, and please NEVER bother to ask us again!"
Zisteau

Re: Re: Re: Binaltech & TF Collection guide book first look!

Post by Zisteau »

VW are pussies. They already rejected Hasbro's approach in 2003. Allegedly, their words were "NO, and please NEVER bother to ask us again!"

What utter a$sholes.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Thinking about the "Dodge Viper with a Tracks head" designs and the Japanese designer stating that a "certain well-known American sports car" originally denied them the license...

That actually makes a lot of sense.

- It explains why Tracks has limited articulation even compared to Smokescreen (he was designed right after the Porsche)!
- That explains why Tracks is such an outdated model (A C5 Corvette).
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Remy's got more pics.

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album ... e&start=25

Anyone who STILL insists Swindle was NOT designed to be Trailbreaker is blind.
Ghirox

the water could climb a mountain, with enough money

Post by Ghirox »

It appear that now they are "interested" in the movie, according to Don's word
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

More pics at F2F:
http://www.fantofan.jp/Decepticharge's head was planned to be... Windcharger?!?
I would just like to point out that I already said this when the Decepticharge prototype surfaced and got jumped on for it:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... genumber=2

Just sayin', is all. :D

Is this the first definative, official proof that Dead End and Swindle were originally planned as Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker (and not just stolen bodies)?

It really ticks me off looking at this and thinking, "They had it right at one time...why the hell did they change their minds!?!" (about Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Overdrive, Windcharger, Jazz, Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper...although I understand it was out of their control on the last three).

And I agree...the Depticharge name (although makes sense now) is completely retarded. Why not just say it's Drag Strip? It's drag strip and call it a stolen Windcharger body? (it's not like the Alternator and Binaltech stories are meshing anyway)

Hell...to justify it for the Alternators say that the Decepticons stole the body originally intended for Windcharger and implanted Drag Strip. At the same time, they were completeing the body for Overdrive, but unfortunately, Overdrive died before the his new body was complete, so they implanted Windcharger's spark.

I don't know...anything to get rid of that hideous Decepticharge name... <sigh>
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Brimstone
Is this the first definative, official proof that Dead End and Swindle were originally planned as Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker (and not just stolen bodies)?

OFFICIAL yes. "Definite", no. The original red test shot ("prototype") we saw had a MOLDED Autobot logo on a piece that was not recycled from Side Swipe. I have a hard time believing that Hasbro/Takara were molding an Autobot logo piece when they were planning to make him Dead End from the get-go.
Hell...to justify it for the Alternators say that the Decepticons stole the body originally intended for Windcharger and implanted Drag Strip. At the same time, they were completeing the body for Overdrive, but unfortunately, Overdrive died before the his new body was complete, so they implanted Windcharger's spark.

Takara are calling the red Honda "Overdrive", so I assume they won't necessarily be having any need to explain the "Windcharger" name at all.

Post by guest »

the only reason that there are d-cons in the alt line in the first place is b/c everyone kept saying "bring on the decepticons." so this is what we get molds that were supposed to be autobots but had there bodies stolen so we as fans could have what we asked for. (By the way shock wave rocks! just found him) besides, all the cons are great and if the line did just consist of the a-bots, i don't think it would be as popular. we may complain from time to time, but i think we enjoy the surprise of who the new molds and remolds turn out to be.

Post by guest »

by the way brimstone, i agree with what you said about the heads!!!!
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Takara are calling the red Honda "Overdrive", so I assume they won't necessarily be having any need to explain the "Windcharger" name at all.
Yeah...I know...I guess I'm just kind of justifying it in my head for the Alternator line (since we'll probably never get an actual story). It'd be nice to not have to dork with the story like that though.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
fourth_heir
Protoform

Post by fourth_heir »

I've got to say I'm not impressed with that Jazz proto - looks like Porsche did him a huge favour by not licencing their car - the Mazda figure we got is way superior :) Shame we didn't get the Bumblebee figure though (although I've never been a fan of his anime head design - I'd probably have indulged in a little kitbashing for a more toy-accurate look)
Visit my website to see my latest fanart (updated April 10th 2007)... http://www.freewebs.com/fourth_heir/
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

I prefer the Goldbug head, personally. :D
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Nevermore:[/i]
Quoth Brimstone:
Yeah...I know...I guess I'm just kind of justifying it in my head for the Alternator line (since we'll probably never get an actual story). It'd be nice to not have to dork with the story like that though.
How about this:

The Decepticons steal Windcharger's body so the Autobots stick Windcharger's Spark in a spare Overdrive body, complete with magneto-discharger blaster which doesn't need a gun barrel even if it would look better with one. (Dang engineers, always monkeying around with things.)
As for who Decepticharge is, the Decepticons initially argued over who to stick in it, code-naming the body as 'Decepticharge' until they could figure out who to stick in it. The Decepticons probably think it's a dumb name as well.