G1 Figures

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

G1 Figures

Post by SHOCKERS »

I KNOW THIS WILL PROBABLY BE VIEWED AS AN UNORIGINAL GRIPE,BUT WHY THE HELL DOESN'T TAKARA CONTINUE WITH THE KILLER CONCEPT OF REFORMATING G1 FIGURES LIKE RM STARSCREAM AND BRING THEM OUT AS A NEW TOYLINE??!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Try the Toys/Merch forum. At a guess, mediocre sales. Takara usually continue with stuff that makes them money.

OH, AND LAY OFF THE CAPS SHOUTING.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

It seems like Robot Masters wasn't exactly a success. Especially since the Convoy and Starscream molds appear to be not really that stellar.

Plus, with the Takara/Tomy merger currently still in the works, I don't see Takara coming up with an innovative "Neo-G1" line anytime soon. At least not by themselves. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, there's that Neo-'G1' line Hasbro have lined up for the pre-Movie months. Not holding out great hopes for it, personally.

RM Convoy's actually my favourite Prime toy—poseable, not gigantic. The only flaw is the plastic quality.
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

umm.....neo G1 line??Someone please enlighten me...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

How bad is the plastic quality on the Robot Masters line? Is it all the figures or just some because I'm about to buy Skywarp and Thundercracker molds.
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Originally posted by SoundCrush
How bad is the plastic quality on the Robot Masters line? Is it all the figures or just some because I'm about to buy Skywarp and Thundercracker molds.

from all the new molds of RM I own (almost all, except a few recolors) I have not had any problems with plastic, nor did I have other problems
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

No stress marks on the Convoy shoulders? No struggle to get the fists switched? I don't really consider myself heavy-handed, and other people seem to have experienced issues too...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmmm, I've had no problems with any of mine, and I've barely put Convoy and Rijie down for the past year.

Now, Takara's G1 reissues, that's where you want to watch yourself. I'm still pissed at selling my original Smokey, having foolishly assumed a sealed one from 2002 would be in better condition than a loose one dating from 1985. However, I reckoned without Takara's quality control division - a guy named Taki who throws the toys against a wall. If they still fit in the bubble afterwards, they're good enough to release.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I rather like the RM seekers, they still feel a bit fragile, but considering the toys they were working from it's a miricle they're as good as they are really.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
SoundCrush
Protoform

Post by SoundCrush »

Sweet.
SKywarp, you're mine!!!!!!

*runs of with credit card to BBTS*
Skill without imagination gives us craftsmanship, which produces many useful objects such as wickwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us Modern Art.
- Tom Stoppard