I went to Berlin!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

I went to Berlin!

Post by electro girl »

It was brilliant and the U-bahn carriages had wood panels on the inside. Also there is such a thing as tea with Jager in it, who knew? The Bauhaus was amazing and I saw too much great art work to list here. Now I just need to stop saying danke to people.

I heart the metric system!
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

I do not enjoy the Bauhaus architecture... I prefer the "youth style" of the founding years of our German 2nd Empire between 1871 and 1918. Much of it destroyed in the cities by the bombings in WW2 though.

You drank Jaeger Tee? It is more for the skiing huts in the mountains of Bavaria and Swabia... Black Tee with Rum.
But yes, sometimes served on the chirstmas markets as an alternative to Gluehwein (glowing wine, hot red wine with spices)

I also love Berlin, but I only go there to visit friends... I never got to work there, as for an engineer, south Germany offeres more work.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Ah see I am a great fan of Bauhaus architecture and other modernist styles (especially Brutalism and Se Stijl) so going there was one thing I really wanted to do in Berlin. It is from an era of German art that I have always liked and enjoy studying, the avant-garde in Germany from WWI and the twenties is fascinating and I love Dadaism loads.

Yeah we had Jager Tee at the Berliniche Gallerie, it smelled great but tasted... I don't know, not bad but odd. I couldn't quite wrap my head around it. Luckily there were a lot of other German drinks to enjoy in great number.:up:

As I went with uni I guess you could call it going for work purposes, I learned a lot. I would certainly like to return for professional art purposes so I wish I had seen more independent, artist lead spaces than I did established galleries.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!