In SOS Dinobots, Starscream declares himself leader after Megatron trips.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

In SOS Dinobots, Starscream declares himself leader after Megatron trips.

Post by tahukanuva »

Like, literally. Megatron fell over, Starscream field promoted himself, and then got shot down by Grimlock.

What the hell.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I always love how completely indifferent the rest of the Decepticons always are whenever he goes for it - you have to wonder why Starscream was Hell-bent on leading a bunch of people who don't actually seem to like him. At all. Clearly some approval issues on the boy.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

They went along with the powershare thing that made half of them joint leader and a baseball coach tactical advisor easily enough as well, I just think after a few million years of Megatron their brains just sort of tuned out.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:They went along with the powershare thing that made half of them joint leader and a baseball coach tactical advisor easily enough as well
I always love the way Tank Idiot and Train Guy declare themselves leaders of the Decepticons and then go off and basically do solo projects anyway. Sod Carnage in C-Minor, Triple Takeover is Transformers' Plan 9 from Outer Space.
inflatable dalek

If they'd gone through with the deal with the Constructicons and Starscream would it have been four joint leaders (with Devastator) or 9 (with all the separate limbs)?
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Starscream sure liked to jump the gun, didn't he?
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

^Ha!

Honestly, Starscream's once-an-episode antics are one of the better parts of the show. Especially the Bruticus episodes where he does more damage to the Decepticons than the Autobots ever have.

In revenge for being marooned on an island.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I love how Megatron, in back to back episodes, first maroons a fighter jet on an island than a space shuttle on an asteroid. Top-rate tactical thinking there.
inflatable dalek wrote:If they'd gone through with the deal with the Constructicons and Starscream would it have been four joint leaders (with Devastator) or 9 (with all the separate limbs)?
Surely at that point it'd be easier to just say "screw it", become a democracy and let each Decepticon take turns coming up with idiotic plans?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Warcry wrote:I love how Megatron, in back to back episodes, first maroons a fighter jet on an island than a space shuttle on an asteroid. Top-rate tactical thinking there.
I think it's just meant to be the Decepticon equivalent of the naughty step.
inflatable dalek

Starscream is actually kind of awesome in those two episodes isn't he? Builds the sort of troops that took an entire two parter to make before in about three minutes, almost takes out the Decepticons, then almost destroys Earth (before pulling out a quasi-victory for the bad guys by ensuing Bruticus survives). It's hard not to see an argument for him being full time leader based on that.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

He also shoots Megatron and randomly declares himself leader without checking if the old one's dead, gets ridden like a pony by Shockwave, pisses off Bruticus and gets shoved out of the way (remember, the Combaticons aren't working for him for most of Revenge of Bruticus) and ends up begging for his life after rapidly getting out of his depth. If anything the two-parter is basically an essay for why not - he's completely incapable of thinking ahead in regards to the consequences of his actions, the other Decepticons don't like him, he blames everyone but himself when things go tits up, is rapidly superceded by Onslaught's team and spends much of the second half throwing himself on any mercy going.

Yeh, Megatron sucked that badly too but he could at least beat Starscream up at will and command some sort of basic respect from his troops half the time.
inflatable dalek

At least he tried to kill Megatron rather than exiling him to...err... some place it's really easy for a Walther P38 to get out of.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

An angry cowboy's holster?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think my favourite Starscream-centric episode is Starscream's Brigade.

Starscream: "You like Shockwave better than me!" *shoots Megatron* "I'm leader now!"

Megatron recovers, Starscream tries to get everyone to kill him and they're all like "No... and didn't we do this last week?"

I like how he basically slaps the Combaticons together like snowmen, puts their "programs" or whatever the hell they're called into them, and they magically become Transformers. The Combaticons are the Transformers equivalent of Frosty the Snowman.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Sades wrote: I like how he basically slaps the Combaticons together like snowmen, puts their "programs" or whatever the hell they're called into them, and they magically become Transformers. The Combaticons are the Transformers equivalent of Frosty the Snowman.
And how is that different then, say, the Technobots (other then that no one cares about the Technobots)?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I never said it was? Fail to see the point in the question, tbh.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Sades wrote:I never said it was? Fail to see the point in the question, tbh.
Ack. The rest didn't post. -.- I forgot what the rest of that post was already. Sorry.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ahh, s'cool- I was just a touch confused by it is all.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I like Starscream's Brigade but mainly for two other bits: -

- The phrase "Jazz and Cliffjumper" is in just about every line, like it's a meme or something.
- When Megatron attacks the Ark Prime appeals to his reason. For once it works. At which point Prime shoots him in the face.
inflatable dalek

It's also the first in a series of endless (well, two. Three if you count his tomb) crap optimus Prime statues as well.

You'd probably be pissed if you'd made the effort to go to that unveiling. All excited about meeting one of the famous Autobots like Optimus Prime or Bumblebee and all you get is Jazz and Cliffjumper.