Mystery UK merchandise...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Mystery UK merchandise...

Post by Denyer »

http://www.thetf.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=956&PN=1
There's something on the cards here, that'll be a world exclusive. A new peice of TF merchandise is coming out, and is being released right here in the UK.

Something for the Yanks to pay high prices to import, and for us to get dirt cheap (sort of).

Can't say what it is yet, as the deal hasn't been signed with Hasbro, but real soon we'll be able to reveal all. Very exciting.

Stay tuned, there'll be a big announcment real soon.
Anyone able to shed any more light on this or theorise what it might be? In case you think SS is talking out of his aft, bear in mind that TheTF.net has been involved with releases such as the Maverick R2 DVD and has close correspondence with Titan Books and UK distributors.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

While not doubting his sources, "UK exclusive merchandise" is disconcertingly vague... We've had an exclusive Armada series, Armada & Energon annuals and "The Beast Within". I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's remotely desirable.

EDIT: None too keen on the snide tone either... a little too much glee over "Yanks paying through their noses"... few are the US fans who've been waving their lower-priced Transformers in the faces of us plucky Brits, and many are very helpful in making sure difficult items get to some of us over here.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, there's a comment in that thread to similar effect:
I am reminded of your last "why haven't they done this befores," Screams, and it resulted in the Dinobots combining
Considering comics/toys/statues are ruled out, and it's supposedly 'G1', I'm guessing something like an Energon soft drink.

What flavour would people want if that were the case?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, and it's not as if we've had a hand keeping things from the UK. Can't really help having a larger population...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Can't say as I read it as snide, more excited for whatever reason. Bear in mind that US fans tend pay through the nose for anything UK because of current exchange rates.
Not just Star Wars, it's been done for Lord of the Rings, Tomb Raider, Nightmare on Elm Street, Buffy - you name it, they've done it... except for Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hmm, a comic would still be my best guess, to be honest, something like a one-shot or something. In an ideal world, what price a whacking great big TPB of CG2? ;) nah, I'm thinking, considering tf.net's involvement, something similar to The Beast Within... or possibly a DVD series that isn't out Stateside [Japanese stuff, or BM or something].

Come to think of it we've had annuals, comics, snazzy DVDs [sure, most of the material is similar, but we did get Headmasters first*], Eugenesis... I'd be surprised if some of the Armada spin-off crap wasn't UK only. Every country gets some stuff different...

* I did hear a rumour a few months back that Metronome were doing Scramble City on DVD...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
* I did hear a rumour a few months back that Metronome were doing Scramble City on DVD...

Last I heard it was planed for next years "Special Edition" of the movie, which would make sense as it's not really long enough to put out by itself...

As for this UK exclusive, I confidently predict Transformer Nostril Hair Clippers ;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

wasn't Wolfpack Fansubs & TV-Nihon in discussions with some UK dvd group about releasing officially subbed Headmaster episodes? I vaguely remember hearing/reading something about that a while back...
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by deej
wasn't Wolfpack Fansubs & TV-Nihon in discussions with some UK dvd group about releasing officially subbed Headmaster episodes? I vaguely remember hearing/reading something about that a while back...

Yeah, there's been some talk along those lines. I'd be rather pleased if that's the mystery merchandise; their subs are fantastic.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Any news on this yet? just another random lie? Energon christmas crackers?

Actually, if it is actually real, I'd say a hand-size replica of g1 Prime's gun.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Reading through the rest off that thread, I'm leaning towardsthe random lie option. The thread starter just keeps poping up going "None of you have guessed (not that I'd tell you if you had)" without offering anything solid to back him up. Plus any board that hasn't banned davetherave has to be considered suspect ;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

LOL@inflatable. He should be called davetheravingidjit. :up:

Um, I'm guessing it's an Optimus Prime chew toy. That would be cool because I could finally get away with feeding OP to my dog. :p