Report corrections and stuff that's broken here

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

Denyer

Report corrections, stuff that's broken, etc. here

Post by Denyer »

What it says. There probably is some stuff to be after the changeover.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Something about Japanese micromasters:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=37103
Clay

Post by Clay »

That kind of correction actually irritates me a little. Problems with the coding/broken links/etc. are fine, but content critiques should really be done before stuff is uploaded when the author can still freely edit it. :\
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Clay
That kind of correction actually irritates me a little. Problems with the coding/broken links/etc. are fine, but content critiques should really be done before stuff is uploaded when the author can still freely edit it. :\
Would be preferable of course, but not all read reviews when those are being fine tuned. IMO it's better to correct clear errors than just leave those be.

"I disagree with your opinion of toy" errors are completely different thing though. :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Alternator Battle Ravage's pictures aren't showing up for some reason. I checked the directories, and all the files are still named correctly, so the wrench is elsewhere in the gears.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Fixed. My regexs hadn't caught that one and replaced the template stuff, so it was still looking for old thumbnails.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Was just perusing the very good city commander review, and I thought it might be worth noting that 'without further adieu' means 'without further farewell'. Perhaps the desired phrasing was 'without further ado'...

Apologies for being fastidious :(

P.S... there are a couple of grammar points too: 'tabs can be flip up' and 'they scrap along the forearm'.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Should be fixed now. :)
ganon578

Heavy Load Review?

Post by ganon578 »

Hey! What happened to my Heavy Load review? I saw it went on the upload thread, then it never appeared. What up wit dat?
Clay

Post by Clay »

Not entirely sure what happened... I checked my "uploaded" folder on my computer, and all the files were there. The ftp had the pictures uploaded but not the php file, nor had I inserted it in the index. Must've had help from the cats or something...

It's fixed now, anyway...
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Aha! That's cool, I was just poking around today and noticed it was absent. Thanks!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Is this thread ok for accepting grammar requests/corrections then? Because I've got shedloads in my old reviews, and frankly when it comes to the Police checking up what I've been doing on-line over the years, I'd at least like them to think that my writing skills were up to snuff...

Downright embarrassing, some of 'em. Film at eleven!

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Pokin' around in the Classics/Universe reviews, and noticed that the pics that were attached with my review of Warpath didn't make it with the review...
Clay

Post by Clay »

ganon578 wrote:Pokin' around in the Classics/Universe reviews, and noticed that the pics that were attached with my review of Warpath didn't make it with the review...
I have no idea why they wouldn't be included. If you want to post them again, I'll get them with the next update.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Clay wrote:I have no idea why they wouldn't be included. If you want to post them again, I'll get them with the next update.
Yeah! Not a problem at all. I think I have them saved on my home computer. Didn't mean to make more work for ya, just for completeness sake... ;)
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I was just reading Prowl 1984's Review on Generations Blurr, and noticed one issue with it that needs correction. In the review, he says that you can't put Blurr into a proper sniper pose with him looking through the scope. This is not accurate, as I have actually done so. Here is he image:

Also, I was looking at the Perceptor review by Paul 053, and took particular notice of the "microscope" mode the reviewer gave him, and have (IMO) a much better version of said mode:

poyguimogul

Post by poyguimogul »

Ko toys Dino-cassette review has an early typo of curious.
Also it refers to KOTOYS website/ as well as the Dino-Casettes availability in the present tense, when that is no longer the case.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Yup, KOToys is shutting down - the review was written some time before that was announced.

"Curios" isn't a typo tho. defined as "something (as a decorative object) considered novel, rare, or bizarre."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Reverend wrote:Yup, KOToys is shutting down - the review was written some time before that was announced.
That's a shame. ****ing crooks.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

None of the latest batch of uploaded reviews seem to have images, y'all.