[Prime] S02E12 Tunnel Vision

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

[Prime] S02E12 Tunnel Vision

Post by Cliffjumper »

I quite liked that. Good solution to New York without completely copping out - I guess they were in a section of tunnels that were under a lot of work, hence the lack of trains, yeh? But it looked nice and gloomy. Lots of punchy action.

Really liked the focused cast after a few "ensemble" episodes. Arcee, Bumblebee and especially Knock Out (I LOL'd at the wheel rolling off as he drove off, even if it made no sense). Especially glad about Knock Out as he seemed to be being edged out of the door so far this season, and he's fabulous - a big campy sadist.

Thought Vogel was adorable and quite wanted him kept on. My only reservation is that the ending was a bit... prickish. They seem to take advantage of a nice if slightly thick feller who helped them out by telling him a stack of shit and lie so they don't have to let him in their special robot club. That's probably an overly-harsh reading but the scene really didn't come off, especially when he was so excited about seeing the mothership, and we're all meant to be sniggering at de big fick niggra cos him think he have a job.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I'm more or less trying to figure out if the ending had any meaning at all; the music and the tone when Vogel turned around and checked his locomotive means that either it's going to be featured once again as a transformer [though I REALLY doubt it] or they should have used a different kind of music to emphasize the comedy in a guy so obsessed he thinks his ride will transform.

I quite like the breaking down of the cast on both sides, reminds me of just about every One Piece saga so far. Though I don't really like the comedy aspect of Knock Out. Every Decepticon so far that isn't Megatron\Soundwave has been made a fool and downplayed a lot in terms of dangerousness.

Overall it's a strong episode, after Armada the show appears to have picked up. Props to Bumblebee getting a relic that Megatron mentioned in the Megatron Mind two parter back in season 1.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Cliffjumper wrote: Especially glad about Knock Out as he seemed to be being edged out of the door so far this season, and he's fabulous - a big campy sadist.

Thought Vogel was adorable and quite wanted him kept on. My only reservation is that the ending was a bit... prickish. They seem to take advantage of a nice if slightly thick feller who helped them out by telling him a stack of shit and lie so they don't have to let him in their special robot club. That's probably an overly-harsh reading but the scene really didn't come off, especially when he was so excited about seeing the mothership, and we're all meant to be sniggering at de big fick niggra cos him think he have a job.
For a retrieve the bauble episode, this was good fun and i too enjoyed seeing knock Out once again - and about time too!

I had the same feelings about Vogel - nice guy, helped them out, so why return the favour by treating him like a moron? It's sh*t like that turns folks against you. I hope his train does turn out to be a robot.