Major Retailer in Canada to start selling Transformers!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
HotShot81
Protoform

Major Retailer in Canada to start selling Transformers!

Post by HotShot81 »

Alright up here in the land of ice, snow, and Eskimos. We tend to have limited options when it comes to buying new Transformers. We have Toys "R" Us, Wal-Mart, with local stores also carrying them.

But after looking at the data, after not selling them for a decade (where toys went to gather dust I'll note). The Bay has decided to start selling Transformers again!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/the-bay ... -1.3768528
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

And then they'll deliberately leave out the Transformers brand with the specific intent to spite you.

Because that's what major multi-million dollar companies do; spite random people on the internet.
Sades

Post by Sades »

HotShot81 wrote:Eskimos
Inuit!

Will the toys be overpriced like everything else there?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Sades wrote:Inuit!

Will the toys be overpriced like everything else there?
Sades, Inuit just doesn't sound as good as Eskimos.:( Yes I know political correctness.

That being said I compared a few bots on both Toys R Us Canada's website and The Bay's Website, both had the same price. Mind you The Bay's selection was much more . . . limited.

I wish I had been in those meetings when The Bay decided to sell toys again.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Bay isn't a major player in the Winnipeg market anymore (they've got three stores and one of them is a run-down downtown shithole that they appear to be trying to demolish through neglect), so this isn't going to be a huge boon to me. But it's great that they're at least trying! Like you say, right now it's mostly just Walmart and Toys'R'Us selling toys, so any extra competition is a good thing no matter how small their footprint.

That said, the Bay (and Sears too) are a dinosaur that's well on it's way to becoming extinct, what with their awkward store layouts, decrepit infrastructure and impossible-to-find staff. I doubt this move is going to save them, but hopefully it'll lead to other stores like Giant Tiger or Superstore or whoever to expand their toy offerings.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

But I thought Bay ruined Transformers?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!