Mighty Morphin Power Rangers returns for 2010!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
secretcode

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers returns for 2010!

Post by secretcode »

Was going to post this yesterday, but some stuff came up:

http://www.bandai.com/blog/press-release/mighty-morphin
(CYPRESS, CA – October 1, 2009) – Go! Go! Get your Power Morphers – it’s Morphin’ time! Bandai America will bring the best-selling Power Rangers toy line back to its intergalactic, prehistoric roots with the “five teenagers with attitude” that started it all in a new collection of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toys. The inaugural and most recognizable of 15 Power Rangers themes, this powered up Mighty Morphin line will feature both fresh and nostalgic play and collection experiences. Including action figures, vehicles, Megazords and role-play items aligned with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series premiering Saturday mornings January, 2010 on ABC Kids; the highly anticipated toys will begin to arrive at retail by the end of this year.

As the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers took over the air waves – and your brain waves – in 1993 they made an unforgettable impact on pop culture. Showing that heroes come in every color, teamwork conquers all, and girls really can rule (unfortunately for good and evil), they took entertainment and play-time by storm. With three TV seasons, a motion picture and thousands of toys, the Power Rangers have spent 17 straight years in the top ten best-selling boys’ action figure brands in the US according to The NPD Group.

“The original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers captivated the country in 1993, and many kids who played with the toys now have children of their own,” said Tim Wills Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, of Bandai America Incorporated, “Families can experience their ‘morphin’ time’ once again as a whole new generation of kids are introduced to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toys.”

“I’m tickled pink to have had the opportunity to be a part of this juggernaut children’s action series and brand,” says Paul Schrier, former Mighty Morphin actor and director, “The good-natured humor and strong messages of teamwork and friendship really hit home with audiences everywhere and I can’t wait to see what’s next from this fountain of heroic action!”

To kick off the refreshed toy line, fans and families will get ready to battle not only for the salvation of the universe, but also for $11,000 in cash prizes in Bandai America’s “Power Up Video Challenge” contest. Consumers will be challenged to view a Power Rangers “cliffhanger video” online or at one of more than 2,000 movie theatres in the U.S., and then submit their own unique ending in a mini-movie or story-board at Bandai.com. Selected by both peers and a judging panel, the winning video and story-board entries will receive $10,000 and $1,000 in cash prizes respectively. Participants learn more and enter to win between October 1 and December 15 at http://www.Bandai.com.

About Bandai America Inc.

A leader in introducing Japanese toy trends to the United States, Bandai America Incorporated is a subsidiary of NAMCO BANDAI Holdings (USA) Inc., an entity that resulted from the integration of Namco Ltd. and Bandai Co. Ltd. of Japan. Global interests encompass six strategic business units: toys and hobby (toys, models, apparel and sundries), amusement facilities, game content (home and arcade console gaming), network (mobile phone and PC content), visual and music content (including home entertainment), and an affiliated business group. Bandai America is the manufacturer and master toy licensee of some of the most popular brands in children’s toys and entertainment today, including Power Rangers™, Ben 10™, Dragon Ball Z® , Harumika, and Tamagotchi®. The company is headquartered in Cypress, California and information is available at http://www.Bandai.com and you can follow us on Twitter @BandaiAmerica.
Two new toys were also shown to the press, and another was shown in a flash video.

http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/ ... en/1859425
http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/ ... en/1859426

The one shown in the flash video was a new mold DX Megazord.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

That pink ranger is . . . well proportioned
so, are we getting a straight-up remake of the original MMPR or reruns?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

We're getting Remastered and Reedited episodes.

The line is out now, btw. Picked up the Green Ranger, and I'm having a lot of fun
with it.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I found all the Rangers except Yellow, so I got them.

Fun little figures.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

secretcode wrote:We're getting Remastered and Reedited episodes.
Cybernet space cube?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Current rumors are that Disney doesn't own the rights for the Wasserman songs and such, so they'll most likely be replaced.
Halfshell wrote:Cybernet space cube?
I hope they don't take the G2 approach.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

And the music is confirmed to return by Ron Wasserman himself =O
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Is it me or have they stopped making those megazords figures, like how they are like the Transformers combiners but not as advanced for the most, in the last, what feels like, ten years?
Destruction is my specialty
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote:Cybernet space cube?

I do think it's kind of fitting that a show that was created solely to recycle footage from an older program cheaply is now itself being recycled.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Alright, I found the Megazord!

Yes!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Is the megazord a re-release of the original megazord or is it a new mold?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Completely new mold.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I can't wait to tear into that one...
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I've still got the original Megazord, my only surviving piece of Rangers kit. Would like to see the new mould, though.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Alright, I found the Megazord!

Yes!
Completely new mold.
Any chance of pics?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

HeavyArms wrote:Any chance of pics?
http://linearranger.com/MMPR-Toys/MMToy03.htm
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I screwed up one of the stickers on Sabertooth Tiger.

:(
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Strange . . . it looks different without doing anything they couldn't do before. How pointless.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I agree with summerhayes.
There doesn't seem to be any significant differences between the original and the remake.
Kinda makes the remake pointless, really.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Does anyone know if the morphers will be released?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!