(FINAL CRISIS SPOILERS) Goodbye Batman.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
secretcode

(FINAL CRISIS SPOILERS) Goodbye Batman.

Post by secretcode »

http://www.newzaroundus.com/2009/01/fin ... atman.html
SPOILER! (select to read)
After breaking his rule of "No Firearms", Batman has attempted to kill off Darkseid with the "God-killing bullet" that has killed Orion. While successful in killing Darkseid, Darkseid attacks Batman with the Omega Sanction- killing Batman and charring his body in the process.
Well... he did go out swinging at least, not to mention killing one of the most powerful villains. Definately not a lame death like Cap's.

In memoriam, however, I must ask this: "What is your favorite Batman moment?"
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

The one where they inevitably bring him back in about 6 months to a year's time?

Too cynical?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

If cynical means "probably", then yes.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

My favorite final crisis moments?
Frankenstein riding on a motorcycle and Black Adam beating up Dessad possessed Mary Marvel. Damm she’s scary.

http://www.comicvine.com/mary-marvel/29 ... 108-29227/

“Look at her, I saw a leering old man in her eyes”.
“she’s posse….”!

As for Batman, their likely to do something really lame like give it to Nightwing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Nightwing deserves it more than anyone else, though.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I'm probably not the first to say this, but it's piss-poor that the best DC could come up with for their big event was ripping off Marvel's event of a few years back.
Hound

Post by Hound »

angloconvoy wrote:I'm probably not the first to say this, but it's piss-poor that the best DC could come up with for their big event was ripping off Marvel's event of a few years back.
Anything Marvel does DC just does better...

At least from what I've heard, Final Crisis is a much more enjoyable crossover than what Marvel has been doing.

Though I've gotta give credit to Marvel for Secret Invasion which was actually enjoyable.

My only real problem with Final Crisis is that it's written by Morrison which means I'm going to have to give it a second read when the final issue comes out this week just to make sure I'm understanding everything that's going on.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

When is the next issue coming out anyway?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I love Morrison, and so am loving this series... however.... I dont think it is right for a company wide mega event, as much as I like Morrison it is incredibly inaccessible to the average reader.
Hound

Post by Hound »

CounterPunch wrote:I love Morrison, and so am loving this series... however.... I dont think it is right for a company wide mega event, as much as I like Morrison it is incredibly inaccessible to the average reader.
Reading this makes me glad that I'd at least read the first 2 volumes of the Fourth World Omnibuses already. This series is using a lot from Kirby's original stories. So far I've been left confused...

Last issue comes out wednesday.