UK DOTM prices to go up?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
electro girl

UK DOTM prices to go up?

Post by electro girl »

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content.ph ... ices-go-up!!!

Not confirmed by Hasbro yet but that's the price Forbidden Planet are asking. I'm not too chuffed with the idea of paying £30 for a voyager at retail so I hope this is just the price at FP.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

electro girl wrote:http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content.ph ... ices-go-up!!!

Not confirmed by Hasbro yet but that's the price Forbidden Planet are asking. I'm not too chuffed with the idea of paying £30 for a voyager at retail so I hope this is just the price at FP.
Well it is FP and they do tend to gouge their customers so I wouldn't go by their prices for the rest of the market.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

If what I've seen is correct, any price raises on this side of the pond are minor. Just about everyone has raised their prices by $0.50 to $1.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Forbidden Planet have long charged £30 or above for Voyagers. Currently, they sell the PCC 5 packs for 22.99 and Deluxes are usually 16.99, with Scouts around £10.

I think that, like Amazon, they largely bypass the mediocre product offering from Hasbro Europe and tend to get their stock from Hasbro US hence why they tend to have stuff that the likes of Asda and Tesco don't have. Jesus, isn't it depressing that supermarkets are some of our largest toy retailers these days?

i wouldn't put too much faith in FP's prices being the norm for UK rrp. they will no doubt be the first place to get the DOTM figures in the UK though.
glazios

Post by glazios »

I hate Forbidden Planet. I don't even like walking past the place if I can help it. They're an extortionate bunch of f*&ktards, and I don't care if that is slander, they can try and sue me.

Yes, they were the first - and for a while, only - place in Cardiff to get HFTD and RTS, and damn if they didn't know it. Their prices are scandalous, and their staff are pathetic, they couldn't be less bothered if they tried.

When I grudgingly went in there a few weeks ago and asked the guy on the desk if they'd be getting Lugnut in, he huffed like a petulant child and chucked the comic he'd been reading, like I'd just made his day so much more difficult than it absolutely had to be, then after he thumped about on the keyboard for a few seconds, he actually scowled at me, so I told him to shove it where he'd put his customer service skills, I'd go to TRU instead, and walked out. I was followed quite swiftly by at least three other people, one of which actually put his stuff back.

They are likely to get hold of the DOTM stuff first, if Argos doesn't, and yes, they will charge stupid money for it, simply because they can. Not that I'd actually give them my money anyway.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm banned from Forbidden planet in Southampton because I drunkenly tried to steal their Enterprise. :D
But generally, they're overpriced and a bit crap. I'll buy figures on impulse from toy shops or supermarkets, and if i want something specific I'll go online.
I like bears.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

glazios wrote:I hate Forbidden Planet. I don't even like walking past the place if I can help it. They're an extortionate bunch of f*&ktards, and I don't care if that is slander, they can try and sue me.

Yes, they were the first - and for a while, only - place in Cardiff to get HFTD and RTS, and damn if they didn't know it. Their prices are scandalous, and their staff are pathetic, they couldn't be less bothered if they tried.

When I grudgingly went in there a few weeks ago and asked the guy on the desk if they'd be getting Lugnut in, he huffed like a petulant child and chucked the comic he'd been reading, like I'd just made his day so much more difficult than it absolutely had to be, then after he thumped about on the keyboard for a few seconds, he actually scowled at me, so I told him to shove it where he'd put his customer service skills, I'd go to TRU instead, and walked out. I was followed quite swiftly by at least three other people, one of which actually put his stuff back.

They are likely to get hold of the DOTM stuff first, if Argos doesn't, and yes, they will charge stupid money for it, simply because they can. Not that I'd actually give them my money anyway.
Oh, I thought mopey, disinterested staff were just common to FP in Leeds. Perhaps its a job requirement to be as surly and crap as possible. FP in Leeds actually evolved from one the greatest comic shops we ever had here. A nice shop called Odyssey, then Odyssey 7 and then Space Odyssey before the IRA blew up the Manchester store and the small chain of shops were sold to FP whom then seemed to employ people who are more interested in chatting amongst themselves than doing their fekking job. I now shop at OK comics. It is much nicer. Stupid FP! Puttup!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Toys R Us in the UK seem to be selling DOTM figures at the same old prices:

- Deluxe: £12.99
- Voyager: £19.99
- Leader: £39.99

In fact, these are lower than a lot of ROTF and HFTD shelfprices if I recall...

I think Sainsbury's are upping prices though. While mine has no DOTM stock on shelves, the available restock of ROTF Wave 1, HFTD and Generations Wave 1 have been priced higher (e.g. £22.99 Voyager ticket label, £49.99 Leader etc.). I expect this reflects upcoming DOTM prices there?

And, aye, supermarkets are my main toy outlet in Hamilton. Gotta go further afield for other stores. Asda currently have a couple of RTS Jazzes and that's it TF wise, while Sainsbury's are restocking ancient figures at marked up prices. Tesco don't stock toys here, but the ones in Lockerbie and Dumfries seem to have most TFs on clearance. Morrisons don't stock toys here. Wilkinsons (currently RTS) and WHSmith (currently still on ROTF) have random assortments now and again, but no DOTM yet.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.