RotF new miniseries: "Tales Of The Fallen"

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

RotF new miniseries: "Tales Of The Fallen"

Post by MeGrimlock »

From here

Tales Of The Fallen #1.

An all-new miniseries set in the Movie universe launches here!
Nearly two years after saving the planet, Sam Witwicky has grown up.
It's too bad his friend BUMBLEBEE hasn’t.
With their friendship strained, Sam sets out for an evening devoid of alien interference.
Little does he know that he's being watched.
Without his robotic protector, can he beat the DECEPTICONS?

(Hope I'm not reporting something that was already known)

Is it me or Bumblebee is being treated like some sort of slow minded bot?
I mean, in Defiance and other Prequels he looks pretty smart, or at least average...

Edit: there's also a cover on Seibertron.com
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Huh. No info on writer, artist, release date, number of issues or anything really. Nice to know there are some more movie comics coming though.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

MeGrimlock wrote:(Is it me or Bumblebee is being treated like some sort of slow minded bot?
I mean, in Defiance and other Prequels he looks pretty smart, or at least average...
He had his vocal processor smashed. He can't talk except through careful choices from radio broadcasts. Token disabled 'bot who must, by inference, be as dumb as he is... dumb? (So why is he the forward scout to this new civilisation?)

Although I had assumed he had been fixed by the Underbase Allspark at the end of round one; IDW has printed it otherwise in Defiance, having Starscream shoot the darn vocaliser out again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
borg72

Post by borg72 »

SPOILER! (select to read)
showest clip footage showed that he can speak with a voice of his own, it just apparently takes some effort.

of course, why he cant use an online voice synthesizer (such as the one that reads back the comments on youtube, nevermind any of the more upmarket versions) is totally beyond me.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Hmm, sorry, probably my choice of word is poor. I mean that Bumblebee is being handled by the writers as if he's a sort of sub-sentient mechanoids, because of the way he behaves (without considering the questionable voice troubles).
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

So... wait. is this between the two movies or after the second movie?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Probably after, the way it reads.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Reads as between to me, at least for that story. The title makes it sound as if it's going to be an anthology thing.
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

SPOILER! (select to read)
]It sounds as if Sam and Mikaela haven't broken up yet, and this would place the story before RotF. But if Sam has to face Barricade, then it sounds logic it happen after RotF (or not? what if Barricade dies during Rotf? Again?)
At BotCon, IDW has confirmed that it's an anthology: maybe some stories will focus on the past (the Fallen, or even Arcee who's split in three bikes now) and other on the future.

The series is written by Furman & Mowry, so I think I'll purchase this one as a monthly, but... IDW sweeps these two writers away, stalling them witn unconsequential comics while someone else handles the big G1 stuff... well, I dropped AHM after 2 issues and it seems I wont' come back to G1 comics very soon.