Petition to bring the original Transformers show on The Cartoon Network

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
schomburg2002
Protoform

Petition to bring the original Transformers show on The Cartoon Network

Post by schomburg2002 »

Hi guys,

I would like to present a petition to rerun the G1 Transformers cartoon to The Cartoon Network. I know they have Transformers Armada, but I believe that fans of the original as well as new fans of Armada should have G1's Transformers cartoon back.

After all, The Cartoon Network has G.I. Joe back, why have one without the other?

If any of you are interested in signing this petiton, please do.

http://www.petitiononline.com/sims2003/petition.html

Thank you very much.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

I am the sixth to sign it. Despite the fact Armada is shown on Sky One here, I am willing to support anything whoich is trying to get G1 back on the air. :)
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Megatron2
Protoform

Post by Megatron2 »

I'm number 38 on the list. It's about time somebody petitioned for this.:)
"Such heroic nonsense."
Thanks Skywarp!!
schomburg2002
Protoform

Petition UPDATE

Post by schomburg2002 »

I was looking at the petition I made, I really didn't have much hope for it, with only 16 signatures, but when I looked up the signatures to my shock and surprise I went from 16 sigs to 64 sigs!

If anyone would like to sign their name on this petition, feel free to:

http://www.petitiononline.com/sims2003/petition.html

I know I have wrote about this petition before, but now that 64 sigs are on the petition, I am really hopeful that something may happen with The Rerunning of The G1 Transformers series.

Naturally, The Cartoon Network already has a Transformers series on, but hey they have Dragonball and Dragonball-Z, maybe they will take notice in the petition and possibly rerunning the series. It's a long shot yes, with the dvd's coming out, but you never know what may happen.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Doesn't need multiple topics...

I doubt Hasbro want competition for Armada, quite frankly, though re-runs could either promote or detract from G1 DVD sales. Casual interest would be satisfied with being able to tape a few episodes, but then casual interest wouldn't buy expensive box sets in the first place.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Doesn't need multiple topics...

I doubt Hasbro want competition for Armada, quite frankly, though re-runs could either promote or detract from G1 DVD sales. Casual interest would be satisfied with being able to tape a few episodes, but then casual interest wouldn't buy expensive box sets in the first place.

Ut may force them to put extras on the dvd's making them exclusive to buyers.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

As I said in the G1 forum, I just don't see it happening because they're releasing the eps. on DVD's now, and yeah, as Denyer said, it'd confuse their target demographic they're trying to sell Armada to...