Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

But no, we got Transformers/Avengers...

Post by Denyer »

http://io9.com/5939241/heres-art-from-t ... r-happened

Yes, I know it wasn't an either/or.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Awww, look at the cute little Optimus Prime head.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, not perfect, but asides from the power levels DC offers much more interesting crack... transforming Batwing, actual use of undersea alt-mode characters, what appears to be Unicron top-centre, some fun big-scale stuff.

Maybe once they're open to classic-styled Elseworlds stuff again.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

IDW have done a Trek/DC crossover so unless it bombed totally I'd say this isn't totally outside the realms of possibility in future. Can't see it being very good though.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

Bonus points for how spirited Aquaman looks while he's punching out Submarauder.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I love the sight of green lantern optimus. But I can only imagine y this would have been terrible. Perhaps worse than avenger s was. I mean superman could throw all the descriptions into the sun in half an hour. A purely barman crossover would work better.
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I know I'm in the big glass house sitting on a pile of stones, but I'm loving the idea of Superman fighting some descriptions whilst a barman watches.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

I don't know, like with the recent Mars Attacks... thing, I'm not too sure what the point would be to stretch an amusing image across a mini-series. Something happy fires in my brain when it is introduced to the idea of a transforming Batmobile, sure, but part of that thought is imagining how the elements of that image would come about. There'd be diminishing returns on every page that plods through the set-up of an Autobot landing in Gotham or whatever.

Do trading cards just not exist as a medium any more? I can understand why that would be the case but something like this (or the Mars Attacks... idea, of course) would really be better served as a series of evocative images than a slightly torturous serial.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote:I know I'm in the big glass house sitting on a pile of stones, but I'm loving the idea of Superman fighting some descriptions whilst a barman watches.
Or just an amazing crossover between swerve and Bibbo Bibbowski.
I like bears.