Optimus Prime got a ticket

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Paul053

Optimus Prime got a ticket

Post by Paul053 »

Edit by Inflatable Dalek: Danger Will Robinson! For anyone trying to avoid all spoiler the link also contains an interview with an actor talking about their character's role in the film. Nothing major, but just in case...

OP got a ticket for blocking traffic.
http://www.movieweb.com/news/rosie-hunt ... f-the-moon

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Mildly amusing, but I wouldn't bet against it being a deliberate publicity stunt (surely the wouldn't be so stupid as to not get clearance to park there beforehand?).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote:Mildly amusing, but I wouldn't bet against it being a deliberate publicity stunt (surely the wouldn't be so stupid as to not get clearance to park there beforehand?).
They could well have just left it slightly out of place for five minutes, and some passing cop thought it would be hilarious to whack a ticket on Optimus. I know I would . . .
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

IIRC I read somewhere (either Allspark or Seibertron) that Hasbro has done all the legal stuff to have Optimus Prime be parked on the street, so technically they aren't allowed to ticket Optimus.

Must be just a joke... a hilarious one, though.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

The ticket could well be real, but it won't stand because of the legal permissions that the movie makers got. I can't imagine that every traffic officer has a full list of every vehicle with special permission, so if they see something wrong, they'll ticket it. Then Dreamworks or whoever takes the ticket down with their permit, and all is forgiven.
I notice that it's not under the windshield wiper as normal. I guess it would be tricky to climb up and crawl across the hood to reach the wiper.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Summerhayes wrote:They could well have just left it slightly out of place for five minutes, and some passing cop thought it would be hilarious to whack a ticket on Optimus. I know I would . . .
I'd do it in a hardbeat as well. :)
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper