General chat about the live action movies

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

General chat about the live action movies

Post by Denyer »

General chat, running from 2004 to now.

If you're just joining us, welcome. This whole subforum is for chat, speculation, questions and the such-like.

If you're an existing member, please note we're not going to worry too much if new members want to introduce themselves and talk about some general TF stuff in the movie areas rather the other forums. Play nice with them. Or we keelllll you.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

I heard a rumour that there's a chance they'll have big, transforming, alien robots from another planet in the movie...

Sounds interesting to me!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

D'you think we'll get a writer who captures the sense TFs are an alien race, though, or will they seem more like humans in big metal suits?

Second, how do you think these:

http://tfarchive.com/creative/contribut ... &voc_id=26

...tie in with the preparatory brainstorming which is being done for the movie? Personally I'm of the view things could change significantly before getting anywhere near the screening stage.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

agreed... One would hope that whoever writes the thing will go more for a "giant alien robots" style, rather than just treating them like big-ass humans in metal suits running around belting into one another & giving fanboys wetdreams. While I wouldn't want to see it turn into Ang Lee's hulk, it'd be nice to see them give the bots a bit more personality beyond "*insert bot name* SMASH!"... One thing those lithos seem to suggest is that they might be using part of the storyline from the DW G1 comics - in that the majority of humans protesting against transformers & wanting the govt. to do something about it..

But hey - sketches done way before anything's really been inked down don't really give you much, if any, idea of what to expect...
Sunstorm
Protoform

Why are we wondering?

Post by Sunstorm »

I think that the TF movie will be okay as long as they get a production staff that is as big geeks as we all are. I don't by much into the rumors, especially since they haven't even finished the script.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hints of crossover (of song material) between the movie and the Atari game based around Armada, in this interview with Dropbox:
GameSpy: Why doesn't the theme song appear on your album?

Lee Richards: Because we recorded the album way before it. We actually just recorded the theme song last Wednesday. We did the album back in August.

GameSpy: If you could've, would you have included it?

Lee Richards: No. But it will probably be included on the soundtrack to the Transformers movie. I know they're using it and "Wishbone" in the movie as well as in the game.
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/tr ... ?fromint=1
Zeeks

In regards to a future movie........

Post by Zeeks »

I'm an avid reader of an American-based Collectors Magazine called Lee's action figure News and Toy Review, and they have a small rumor section in it for upcoming movies such as the live GI Joe action movie, Star Wars, X Men, etc and so on, and they had this little blurp on a future transformers movie:

'""Transformers: More good news for the children of the 80's. Producer Don Murphy has posted an announcement on the project's offical message board. They are talking to three distributors about the project and will make an announcement soon. In regard to the story, they are aiming to 'follow the classic mythology of the show and the comics.'"

Pretty Interesting stuff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

None of this is actually "new", though... The "following the classic comic/cartoon mythology" bit is more than a year old, while the "talks with three studios" also dates back at least one or two months...

Welcome to the Internet age. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Thinking about those lithographs, they actually come with cells... which suggests David Guivant has a reasonably close source on the project.

(Incidentally, there's a few to go up with the next VOC update, and an interview which should hopefully also be up in a while.)
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

the information I quoted was from the March edition of AFN&TR (of 2004). yes, it is a couple months old, but I thought it would be worth rehashing since there is the possibility that there might be fellow transfans on here that did not know that. My apologies for the mistake.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Okay... here's a question from me: What would you like to see in the movie? Any ideas on possible booby traps in terms of storytelling/general audience accessibility?

NOTE: Fanboy w**king like "MEGATRON 6UNN N07 74NK!111!!1!" or "IF TEHY DONT USE TEH G! VEHICLES TEH MOVIE WILL SUXX0RZ!!!!11!1!1!11one" is not wanted in here and will be ignored and/or deleted. This is meant to discuss the possible exploits of a good movie and not a rehash of the G1 cartoon with all its flaws for the big screen just in order to give some fanboys something to wet their pants over.

My first question: How would you start the movie? I see three possible starting points:

1) Transformers' perspective (G1 cartoon/comic aproach): Cybertron, millions of years in the past, civil war, Autobots and Decepticons in their Cybertronian modes, they leave for outer space, Ark is attacked, crashes on Earth, time passes, Transformer reawaken, are reformatted and make contact with fleshlings.

2) Human's perspective (Armada cartoon approach; non-Transformers: X-Men movie approach): Normal life on Earth, Transformers show up ("sense of wonder" i.e. Wow, giant robots!), some humans (please no or at least not only kids!) make contact with them, they (and we) learn their story via flashbacks.

3) Transformers' perspective, but using elements of 2) as well (Beast Wars approach): Maybe starting on Cybertron, maybe starting with the Ark crash, time apsses, Transformers get reformatted, but up until then, we only get a glimpse at them, then we see them discover Earth but only see their car modes, so we can still retain the "sense of wodner" when they transform for the first time.
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

I think if the movie went in a combined way in a sort of stream of conscious type setting would make it really cool. Like maybe start it on cybertron but then switch to earth and still create a sense of wonderment when they transform for the first time, but then work in a flashback type setting...it might give the movie a bit more depth..by the way does anyone have any idea of when this movie might be coming out?
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

If I may make a suggestion, that if you want the news that you do simply do a search for Don Murphy on the Don Murphy board.
This thing is an overblown TF message board in Don Murphy's board.
NOTE: Fanboy w**king like "MEGATRON 6UNN N07 74NK!111!!1!" or "IF TEHY DONT USE TEH G! VEHICLES TEH MOVIE WILL SUXX0RZ!!!!11!1!1!11one" is not wanted in here and will be ignored and/or deleted. This is meant to discuss the possible exploits of a good movie and not a rehash of the G1 cartoon with all its flaws for the big screen just in order to give some fanboys something to wet their pants over.
Yes, five different threads on the subject matter on the board itself is enough. Ugh.
1) Transformers' perspective (G1 cartoon/comic aproach): Cybertron, millions of years in the past, civil war, Autobots and Decepticons in their Cybertronian modes, they leave for outer space, Ark is attacked, crashes on Earth, time passes, Transformer reawaken, are reformatted and make contact with fleshlings.

2) Human's perspective (Armada cartoon approach; non-Transformers: X-Men movie approach): Normal life on Earth, Transformers show up ("sense of wonder" i.e. Wow, giant robots!), some humans (please no or at least not only kids!) make contact with them, they (and we) learn their story via flashbacks.

3) Transformers' perspective, but using elements of 2) as well (Beast Wars approach): Maybe starting on Cybertron, maybe starting with the Ark crash, time apsses, Transformers get reformatted, but up until then, we only get a glimpse at them, then we see them discover Earth but only see their car modes, so we can still retain the "sense of wodner" when they transform for the first time.

Eh...#3 fits more of my idea, but it would balance more toward #2 and eventually grow into #3...if that makes sense.
Shay
Protoform

TF Movie Prime question

Post by Shay »

this might've been brought up before but I didn't find it, so:

any actual rumor/info about what Truck exactly Prime will be in the l.a.movie? type, model...? X-wheeler?

if nothing is known, what's your choice for him to be?
...this is trickier than it seems, since there are others that have truck-modes (from Huffer to Constructicons etc...) and he needs to be Larger and differently-built, to be among the largest in Robot-form w/out the Trailer...

...or do you think the Trailer will be part of him in the Movie?

all comments welcome.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

We have a sticky thread specifically for the upcoming movie, so I merged your thread with it. Next time please keep notice of whether there is already an existing thread your question might fit into, especially on the first page of the forum. :)

And no, nothing solid is known so far about the movie, aside from who the producers are going to be (X-Men's Tom DeSanto and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen's Don Murphy). Anything new will be mentioned here. :)
Shay
Protoform

Post by Shay »

Sorry - thought this thread was for new Rumors or actual corroborated facts and discussions about them - thought mine was a general question...
again - sorry for the mixup.

but still - any thoughts as to what he'll be? anyone have a favorite maker/model in mind?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Shay
Sorry - thought this thread was for new Rumors or actual corroborated facts and discussions about them
It's for people to post information and others to discuss, not requests.

Truck designs don't really date. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some kind of tie-in to Alternators, though, so a movie release of Masterpiece Prime (possibly with some remoulding) would be likely.

Given the current lack of information, I'd guess the movie is either shelved or the production team are far better at keeping information under wraps than most.
Tempest

Amazingly ...

Post by Tempest »

I was talking to a friend on mIRC ... he knows a little bit about the Transformer and said to me if I was looking forward to the new movie. I spoke to him backwards and forward and he sent me this.

He's usually reliable for information but I would still be taking this as a rumour.

http://www.inlandempirestrikesback.net/ ... e32404.htm

The prime looks good.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

a) Old
b) Rumor
c) Already denied. :)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Nevermore
a) Old
b) Rumor
c) Already denied. :)

Ahh ... Alright then ... I knew there was a reason I haven't sene the link ... it was old news, or should I say rumour.