Is G1 simply the best?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Marisa
Protoform

Is G1 simply the best?

Post by Marisa »

Is Megatron better than Galvatron?

Could Megatron have led the Deceptions to more G1 seasons?

Did fans miss Megatron?

Did Hasbro overlook Megatron's fan base, and have myopic, tunnel-vision for Optimus Prime?

Was Megatron the key to saving G1 that Hasbro just forgot about.

Did Hasbro give us back only the Optimus Ying, and failed to include the Megatron yang.

Did they give us back Batman without the Joker?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Was it inappropriate for the Sweeps to do the Hitler salute and say, "All Hail Galvatron!"

Or was it cutting edge?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

G1 Megatron is badass, no:

Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Define which "G1" you mean.

80s G1 cartoon show?

80s G1 Marvel US Comics?

80s G1 Marvel UK Comics?

80s G1 Toys?

2000 G1 Dreamwave Comics?

Current IDW G1 Comics?

Current Universe/Generations/Combiner Wars/Titans Return/Power of the Primes Toys?

Current G1 Video Games War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron/Devastation?

Current web based animated series The Prime Wars Trilogy?

The Japanese G1 Trilogy Headmasters/Masterforce/Victory and the OVAs Scramble City and Zone?

The Japanese G1 Manga?
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

It's all G1, everything you mentioned.

For me the 80's G1 cartoon show is closest to my heart. It's what I most care about.

Any of the other media that you listed that I can look at and see the G1 cartoon is G1 to me.

The Japanese G1 cartoon reminds me what could have been if the American G1 had gone on. Though I do not agree with the direction they took with the story, the cartoon itself uses all the same character models, backgrounds, and animation as the American G1 cartoon.

I wish they would create a Transformers cartoon using the same 80's animation cells, character and background drawings, and voice actors, as well as the same 80's music.

Why don't they?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Some of the original voice actors most notably Scatman Crothers, Chris Latta, Casey Kasem, and Robert Gutier, (Jazz, Starscream, Cliffjumper/Bluestreak, and Rodimus Prime respectfully) have all passed away.

Hand drawn cell animation is going the way of the dinosaur in favor of digital rendering and painting even traditional looking cartoons are using this.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Hand-drawn animations looks better to me.

We still have Frank Welker, but he can no longer do G1 Megatron's voice. Isn't that sad?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Why was G1 cancelled? "Rebirth" was set to be a 5 parter. What happened?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

What's a Titan in the G1 IDW Transformers comic universe?

And is G1 Omega Supreme the baddest of them all?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

- Cheaper to keep comics on shelves, reissue old figures, etc than produce animation for a waning franchise.

- JFGI

- Probably not since he got brought down by Buzzsaw.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I could definitely make an argument that G1 is the best part of the franchise, simply because there's so much more to it than any of the franchises that followed. It ran for much longer and had more toys, more comics and more cartoon episodes than almost any other series (Rescue Bots actually has a couple more episodes, now). Even though other series peaked higher (and I'm obviously a big Beast Wars fan myself) there's just so much more G1 to enjoy. And between IDW comics and Generations and MP toys, there's lots more coming out even now.
Marisa wrote:Did Hasbro overlook Megatron's fan base, and have myopic, tunnel-vision for Optimus Prime?
Don't think Hasbro had the slightest idea what they were doing at the time, honestly. Selling toys via a cartoon was still a new thing back in the early 80s, and they simply didn't realize that kids would bond with the cartoon characters as strongly as they did.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Is Megatron's fusion cannon more powerful than Galvatron's arm cannon, or are they exactly the same? I read somewhere that Galvatron's cannon emits mostly electricity. Wouldn't Megatron's fusion cannon be superior to a weapon of this nature, like how a gasoline-powered vehicle is generally more powerful than an electric vehicle?

Galvatron is assumed to be stronger and more powerful in the G1 cartoon but Megatron's G1 toy tech specs are more impressive than Galvatron's. How do they compare in the IDW comic universe?

I know in the G1 Marvel universe Megatron is said to be the most powerful Decepticon, defeating all the Dinobots put together. He also defeated the Predacons, and obliterated them in their gestalt form Predaking. It's hard to believe that Galvatron would be more powerful than that.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Um..... Why can't Frank Welker do G1 Megatron's voice? He sounded very G1 in the Prime series.

What I want to know is why the won't let Peter Cullen voice Ironhide anymore.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

The Prime Megatron and the G1 Megatron voices are not the same.

I'm sorry but Frank Welker has lost the G1 Megatron voice. Even he admits he can't do it anymore.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Are the Marvel G1 comics worth purchasing?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Depends on how much nostalgia you have for that time period. I grew up watching the cartoon, reading those comics and playing with those toys so I love all of it. It also depends on how critical you want to be about them. They aren't particularly good stories so if you tend to nitpick things you aren't going to find much enjoyment from them.

I imagine you can still get the collected editions from somewhere and that is the way I would go if I were you. You don't want to be paying back issue prices for the individual issues.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Are the G1 Marvel comics as good as the G1 cartoon?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Which G1 character set is considered better: Thundercracker, Skywarp, and the Insecticons or their reformatted forms Cyclonus, Scourge, and the Sweeps?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The Unicronian Decepticons are generally portrayed as more powerful, although teleportation is a game-changer as would be the powers of the Insecticons if taken to logical conclusion.

Comics vs cartoon... it all mixes together and is better as a slice of history like that, really. The show brings voice acting that defines some of the main character as much as any writing, and the UK and US comics have a fair amount of science fiction as well as fantasy.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I can't afford the Transformers toys, at least the G1 stuff that I like. I had to stop after G1 Omega Supreme. He's my only one. Why was he so expensive? He's worth it though.

I have to find satisfaction in the media, the G1 cartoon and animated movie. They're great. I just want more of that kind of stuff.

Is the Japanese G1 worth getting into?

The only Transformers game I like is the Angry Birds one. It's just I was really disappointed in Galvatron. He can't fire continuously like Soundwave and Bludgeon.

I can't get into Earth Wars and Forged to Fight.

Animated is too kitty-Kat. I like my Transformers badass. And I don't like the humans in Prime; they're just too much.

How can I satisfy my craving for more G1?

Does Angry Birds Galvatron's firepower ever get any better? I keep ranking him up and his blasting is still delayed? I want a Galvatron that I can be proud of.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Megatron is better. However, I admired Galvatron's firepower in the G1 cartoon.