I keep getting logged out.

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

I keep getting logged out.

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

By the board if I take more than five minutes to post anything. I have checked the "Remember Me" box and even that doesn't work. I'm not a fast typist and sometimes, I go back edit my posts to correct spelling and grammar corrections, or to clarify it.

It's really getting annoying.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If applicable to the browser you're using, try a private browsing session (or any other browser that's installed). If it works in that then either the cookie's corrupt or something's blocking it and causing a fall-back to sessions.

(More generally, over the years I've gotten into the habit of copying any amount of text I'm entering into forms on forums, blogs, etc. to the clipboard before hitting send.)
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Denyer wrote:If applicable to the browser you're using, try a private browsing session (or any other browser that's installed). If it works in that then either the cookie's corrupt or something's blocking it and causing a fall-back to sessions.

(More generally, over the years I've gotten into the habit of copying any amount of text I'm entering into forms on forums, blogs, etc. to the clipboard before hitting send.)
It's the version of IE that came with Vista (the upgrades to newer/recent versions of IE never get installed right and end up being uninstalled).

This is the only board I have this problem on, it's also the only VBulletin that I regularly visit.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Vista often has trouble installing multiple updates together, but will do them individually. Does sound like the box has problems in general, though, and you'd be better off switching to a current browser with active support such as Chrome or Opera. Even Microsoft don't support IE7 for things like Office 365, and other major players such as Google and Twitter have basically given up on it. IE8 will probably follow for many providers once XP gets killed off next year.

Clearing temporary internet files (including cookies) may sort things, if it's just that stuff that's cached on a machine has become corrupted.
erum
Protoform

Post by erum »

What browser? Chrome in particular isn't consistent about when it'll do a complete page redraw -- although it may be connected with whether a page has changed.
erum