[request for reissue info]

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

So re-issues have been release and what else will be released

Post by Lord Decepticon »

My bro told me Predaking is comin' out. Last I heard, Astrotrain was gonna be re-issued :confused: What about Soundwave, I really want him alot. Dirge came out but will Ramjet and Thrust ne as well.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Predaking isn't officially announced, but it seems pretty sure that it's coming. Only in Japan, though, but you can order from plenty of online retailers. Soundwave is not coming to the US, according to Hasbro. I don't understand why, but he is available in Japan, like Predaking will be. No official word on Ramjet or Thrust yet, but the molds to create them are available. Astrotrain was already released in Japan, but he's also coming to the US from Hasbro, too. It's the white version, though, not the purple/brown original US release.

Hope this helps. :)
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

*dropkicks to Toys*

:rolleyes:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This is a question, not news. So... why is it in the News forum?

Jeez, the board goes weird when two people try to move a thread simultaneously...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Denyer
This is a question, not news. So... why is it in the News forum?

Because I was going to move it...before you interrupted me.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That was actually directed to the considerate person who, next time, is going to be even more considerate and actually read the prominently stickied thread in the News Forum before starting threads there.
Lord Decepticon
Protoform

Post by Lord Decepticon »

No SOundwave, no Megatron for the U.S. a stupid lookin' Astrotrain, it appears I can't rely on hASSbro
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Actually, Astrotrain looks more like a real space shuttle with that color scheme. He just doesn't match Blitzwing anymore. But Blitzwing is a crap toy anyway...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

That was actually directed to the considerate person who, next time, is going to be even more considerate and actually read the prominently stickied thread in the News Forum before starting threads there.

I can only hope...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Lord Decepticon
a stupid lookin' Astrotrain
How many purple locomotives or space shuttles did you see after childhood, when not on drugs?
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

no Megatron for the U.S.

Cripes, not this again...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

No SOundwave, no Megatron for the U.S. a stupid lookin' Astrotrain, it appears I can't rely on hASSbro

1 - The decision to not bring Soundwave over is very disappointing and surprising.

2 - Hasbro is a toy company, toy companies in the US have to follow certain rules. One rule is that you can't make realistic guns anymore. Not "hASSbro's" fault. Also, can we pleeeease start banning people for using variations like that and "Hasblow?" I'll buy everyone beer for a month.

3 - Astrotrain...well, I don't know, that's kind of puzzling considering the accompanying media had him as purple, but I guess they're going for realism.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
2 - Hasbro is a toy company, toy companies in the US have to follow certain rules. One rule is that you can't make realistic guns anymore. Not "hASSbro's" fault. Also, can we pleeeease start banning people for using variations like that and "Hasblow?" I'll buy everyone beer for a month.

Still maintain we need a toy FAQ.:\

Shutting up now...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If anyone who knows more about toys than me wants to write, I'll edit & sticky.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The original Takara release of Astrotrain was white and black, as it was surplus Diaclone stock used before they moved onto the US black/purple.

Takara's reissue has been done in their original scheme, as it's the rarest and the reissues are marketed primarily at adult collectors. From their perspective, it makes sense.

A report I read detailing Hasbro's panel at OTFCC indicated that they would be leaning towards reissues that the US fans may not have had the chance to acquire the first time around. This explains the white Astrotrain and Ricochet/Stepper, which US collectors have been known to pay obscene amounts of money for the originals of.

I also translated it as being Hasbro speak for "we'll be picking and choosing our reissues based on the stock that Takara produce and that fits in with our costings structure."

Incidentally, Thrust and Ramjet were reissued in limited quantities by Takara a couple of years ago. If memory serves, Thrust and Dirge were packaged together, and Ramjet was individual. Though I may have that shuffled slightly.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'll second that...though had I been less lazy last night, I assure you all, I would have firsted it.
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

How many purple locomotives or space shuttles did you see after childhood, when not on drugs?

I saw a Purple Train once...

Oh, I was drunk then.

Nevermind
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

I could give it a shot, depends on what exactly you've got in mind.
Originally posted by Illyria
Incidentally, Thrust and Ramjet were reissued in limited quantities by Takara a couple of years ago. If memory serves, Thrust and Dirge were packaged together, and Ramjet was individual. Though I may have that shuffled slightly.
I'm pretty sure it was Thrust and Ramjet together, with Dirge offered individually.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
I'm pretty sure it was Thrust and Ramjet together, with Dirge offered individually.

I'm 99% sure that you're right on that.
Joecooler2u
Protoform

Post by Joecooler2u »

Personally I don't mind the releases of regular priced transformers throughout the year. It is affordable to buy the reissues of most of them, except the combiners like Predaking. I'm glad they are releasing some of their more expensive ones around Christmas cause a lot of us can't afford to buy the expensive ones throughtout the year. I just hope they keep them available and not have them disappear like Optimus Prime and some other reissues I can't find.