US Release of Masterpiece Skywarp

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Civ

US Release of Masterpiece Skywarp

Post by Civ »

From Quartz of Transformers at the Moon:
Chinese site TF08.net have posted the first picture of the back of the box that will be used for the upcoming US release of Masterpiece Skywarp The image shows his profile as well as the planned (but perhaps not final) colour scheme for the US release.
Image Mirrored:

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

After the money I payed for the masterpiece SS, just to have that wing piece break on both wings and now I cant transform him from his alt mode, I will have to wait and see if that issue is fixed before I can even consider spending money on this guy. Give me a masterpiece grimlock or bring back out the masterpiece prime again, and then my money will go one of those 2 ways for now.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

I will wait until I see some reviews before I buy this guy.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Think we can assume roughly a bit higher price point than Starscream was? (Inflation, economy spiraling downward and all that.) IIRC, Starscream was a Walmart exclusive in the US--correct? Here's hoping for a wider distribution this time around. I really like Skywarp's colors on that mold.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I've always preferred Skywarp's colors, and would have held out for this instead of Starscream if I'd known it was a sure-thing.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

So, Walmart exclusive again. *sigh* Does anyone have the Takara release of this? In this pic, at least, he seems rather...dull. I mean, color-wise. Lots of black. His shoulders and upper arms kinda blend in with the wings, and the legs lose a lot of detail. I understand they're being accurate to his G1 color-scheme, and again, I do like Skywarp's colors on this mold. It just seems like a lot of black...
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I'll be picking him up. I passed on SS when he was at Wal-Mart.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

If I do get MP Starscream on Wednesday (depends on whether he'll be in stock or not) then I'll probably ignore Skywarp unless he's cheap or MP SS has carked it.
Also, do you think there's any chance of MP Megatron making it over here or will customs prevent it (I figure they will).
Also hoping for Grimlock.
Destruction is my specialty
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

HeavyArms wrote:If I do get MP Starscream on Wednesday (depends on whether he'll be in stock or not) then I'll probably ignore Skywarp unless he's cheap or MP SS has carked it.
Also, do you think there's any chance of MP Megatron making it over here or will customs prevent it (I figure they will).
Also hoping for Grimlock.
I think i will be picking up Skywarp since I do not have Starscream. Do not believe I have ever even seen him. Likely kept selling out at my local Walmarts.

As for MP Megatron and customs, do you mean ordering the toy through an importer like BBTS, RobotKingdom ect? If so you should not have difficulty. Most of those places open it up and install an orage plug in the end of the barrel to make it conform to US Toy Laws and are usually not too difficult to remove from what I have heard. If you mean will Hasbro release a version of MP Megatron... highly highly unlikely and even if they did they would completely alter the colors to conform to US toy laws if not add extra kibble to make it seem less real. The Classics Megatron that resembled a nerf gun is about as close as Hasbro feels comfortable producing. Their market is ultimately towards the youngsters. Even the expensive stuff.

For MP Grimlock I too hope Hasbro decides to release it with a more appropriate price point for its size. Crown accessory version in G1 colors would be my hopes and assumptions.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

New pics:
http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-393626.html

Seems he has the wrong extra face with Starscream's smirk instead of the retooled Takara Skywarp face.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

do we have any idea on a release date for him?
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Thundercracker wrote:do we have any idea on a release date for him?
According to a image from Botcon 2009, the release date is 11/1/09 and price is $59.99.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I missed the g1 colors Starscream exclusive and was disappointing. Now, I finally have some money from my recent birthday and this time Skywarp will be MINE.:D
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Whoever who has the Hasbro MP Starscream, how was you shopping experience when it came out? I saw from other forum and many people had not so good experience on the day when it came out.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

My shopping experience was awesome when I got it. I picked up MP Starscream for $10. I think I got ham that day too. It was great.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Notabot wrote:My shopping experience was awesome when I got it. I picked up MP Starscream for $10. I think I got ham that day too. It was great.
What a deal! I mean, ham. Excellent stuff.
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

Paul053 wrote:According to a image from Botcon 2009, the release date is 11/1/09 and price is $59.99.
I'm really stoked for this one. I was looking for him at the Action Figure Expo in Toronto, but nothing, and no Starscream either. But I did pick up Thundercracker for $120 CDN.

I'm just curious about Hasbro Starscream. Did he come with a sticker sheet? Because he seems painted on, and what I liked about my Thundercracker is the option of putting the streaks where I wanted, and the 6 different Sqn logos to pick from. And if it is at all possible, is Skywarp going to be painted on or given a sticker sheet? Because I would love for my TC and SW to match at least.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Alas, finding any MP over here in Blighty is a nightmare and I'm not sure how keen I am to buy another extortionate import TF . . .
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Hasbro Starscream was all painted if I recall correctly. For that, though, I'm glad. It turns out that stickers aren't fun like I remember but are a pain to put on correctly and keep on.