"New" Legends repackages in old Classics-style packaging out (no repaints)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

"New" Legends repackages in old Classics-style packaging out (no repaints)

Post by Nevermore »

Specifically, Leo Prime (previously released with the other Classic Legends) plus the original "Legends of Cybertron" releases of Optimus Prime, Soundwave and Hot Shot (blue).

The latter three were first seen in March 2007 (one year ago!):
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&a ... 00&start=0

According to various reports, they're available at KB Toys and Kmart stores now.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost. ... stcount=41
http://www.unicron.com/news_item/1263/
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

That's a bit crap.

Getting rid of old stock?

Leo Prime's nifty, and Hot Shot's a good mould, but Soundwave's a bit of a mess really...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

numbat wrote:That's a bit crap.

Getting rid of old stock?
If you mean that they're old, unsold toys shipped back to Hasbro, taken out of the packaging, put into new packaging and then sent back to stores again... I don't think so.

"Repackages" in this sense means "previously unpackaged toys, possibly new production runs, that don't differ from previous releases put into newly created packaging". So, more a "packaging variant" than a taken-out-of-olf-packaging-then-put-into-new-packaging "repackages".
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I was thinking they may have been left over at Hasbro and never reached the stores, rather than being toys that had been sent back by retailers.

But, interesting that they'd randomly re-release that assortment if they were a new production run.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Saw these on Friday. I snagged OP, Leo and Soundwave (I all ready have the "hot Shot" in Excellion colors, so I didn't pick that one up). I'm actually glad to get these since I didn't really see them in stores at the point when I was looking for them.

Soundswave's actually not so bad if you take the jet front off before transforming him. I find the pieces fit together better that way. Then I reattach it when he's transformed back to robot mode.

I'm wondering if KB and KMart asked for a few more figures in that range since KB also seems to have a ton of DC figures all of a sudden as well . . .
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

the legends line has always seemed a bit naff to me i just dont really like small transformers and since i was given a load of them by a friend i have no need to go out and buy any
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
numbat

Post by numbat »

electro girl wrote:the legends line has always seemed a bit naff to me i just dont really like small transformers
Madness!

Sheer madness!

There's nowt better than wee Transformers.

And Legends rock (erm, maybe scratch the Movie ones...).

:)

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Except Movie Brawl and maybe Barricade. Those two are my favorites from the movie legends.
numbat

Post by numbat »

RID Scourge wrote:Except Movie Brawl and maybe Barricade. Those two are my favorites from the movie legends.
Both nifty.

I am a fan of Bonecrusher as well.

Also items on eBay.