[RID,UT] It's official: "Fallen" aired on Kids WB... and is edited from GF episodes 1 &

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

It's official: "Fallen" aired on Kids WB... and is edited from GF episodes 1 & 2.

Post by Nevermore »

Read a first impression here.
The episode opens up as Jetfire and Hotshot are packing up getting ready to leave Cybertron with Overhaul and Landmine helping. Then Starscream appears and attacks and the events lead Landmine to Earth where he meets the three kids. He then tells the three kids about the situation where we see flashbacks of Prime and Co telling the general populous about the blackhole and the need to take on new forms (where the current Cybertron crew get their new forms as well)...an explanation of the black hole...then later another flashback of Vector Prime arriving and telling about the Cyber Planet Keys. Then back to the present, Thundercracker arrives on Earth and attacks Landmine and the kids. Prime shows up along with the other Autobots and saves Landmine and kids. Then Prime continues Landmine's story and tells them how Megatron (NOT voiced by David Kaye) arrived and stole the map. Vector Prime then calls out the Mini-Con recon team, who take on forms based on images from Cobi's magazines. Then Vector Prime makes an interesting discovery...the image on Lori's shirt shows a picture of the Omega Lock...leading Vector Prime to believe that the Omega Lock is on Earth with another planet key map.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

So any idea of what gets left out of the original two episodes?Nothing crucial or otherwise entertaining I hope.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Its on right now, alright. Not as good as the later eps, but glad they started with first episode. Its odd hearing Megatron not being voiced by Kaye in this episode.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Raijin
So any idea of what gets left out of the original two episodes?Nothing crucial or otherwise entertaining I hope.

Basically, the episode starts with Landmine on Earth, who then tells the events of episode 1 as a flashback.

One scene from episode 1 I really don't mind seing having gotten edited out is Lori spilling water on Coby's bike. What was THAT about?

Also, the stand-in voice they used for Megatron instead of Kaye SUUUUUCKED. No wonder the episode was originally held back. ARGH!
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

Actually I liked this other VA, they should told Kaye to keep walking, this other guy sounded meaner, and not so hoity toity, like Kaye sounds as Megs.
"Can you get this Vacuum cleaner to f*ck this cake?", Uncle Grandfather; Perfect Hair Forever
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

In other news, "Fallen" used beta animation. There were scenes where Optimus Prime had a white face. What was up with that?

I mean, with Armada and Energon, they had the excuse that the shows had to be dubbed in time, whereas Takara took the time and fixed the animation for the Japanese airing.

But the first two episodes of Galaxy Force aired in Japan NINE MONTHS AGO.
Raijin
Protoform

Post by Raijin »

I dunno, was Optimus really scared at the time?

I wonder if the episode will be polished up any more by the time it finally airs on YTV.
Darth Shrapnel
Protoform

Post by Darth Shrapnel »

Originally posted by Nevermore
In other news, "Fallen" used beta animation. There were scenes where Optimus Prime had a white face. What was up with that?

I mean, with Armada and Energon, they had the excuse that the shows had to be dubbed in time, whereas Takara took the time and fixed the animation for the Japanese airing.

But the first two episodes of Galaxy Force aired in Japan NINE MONTHS AGO.

But there`s a part in Fallen that looks "more complete" than in GF 1; When Vector Prime is speaking of the Cyber Planet Keys, they show all four keys. In GF they just show four circles of different colors instead of the Planet Force.
But, besides that and Prime`s face, the rest of the animation looked the same.
"Im drowning in footwear!"
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Animation comparison.

The first shot I noticed a difference in was this one.

(for reference, the left image with the timer is Galaxy Force, the right one with the "WB" logo is Cybertron)

Optimus looks a little different, eh? ;)

Seems like they originally had a different color model in mind. The colors were fixed for the Galaxy Force version and most of the Cybertron version of this episode too, but...

There it is again. ;)

Oh, and...

Again. :D

I think that's all the "Optimus looks strange" shots. However, it's not just as simple as "we got beta animation again, while the Japanese got the refined version".

Take a look at this sequence:

Wow, what's that? Four glowing circles representing the four Planet Forces? While we get fully animated Cyber Planet Keys? :confused:

It might also be worth mentioning that the Galaxy Force version's glowing circles rotate clockwise, while the Cybertron version's Cyber Planet Keys rotate counter-clockwise.

Anyone explain me this...