Minecraft.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Minecraft.

Post by Sades »

My friend have been bugging me for a year to buy it, so I did. And now I can't put the damn thing down.

I just lost my house. I went looking for sheep, and I got lost. Then Hound tried to tell me what to do and we got pissy with each other, because I don't like being told what to do and he doesn't like it when I don't listen. :p And I got even more lost while trying to listen to him. (nahhh :p)

I have spent many night in holes in the ground, because I am really, really lost. And yes, I know that I could just die and respawn back at the bed at my house, but I've managed to collect a bunch of Redstone. There's just no walking away from that shit.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Grab a shit ton of dirt. Make a tallllllllllll spire. Cover it in torches. Jump off the top and die in place. Respawn. Leave a trail of cobble as you head to your tower and recollect your redstone.

Alternatively, Redstone is pretty common once you get down deep enough. They aren't like diamonds or anything.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Use your redstone to make a compass. It will direct you right back to your spawn point. Also I always carry a map and try to stick to a certain territory (I live on a large island).

Also build roads and things start to evolve from there. My roads have since become long walls, bridges or chains of fortresses.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I did make a compass. My problem with it is that it points to my original spawn point... out in the middle of nowehere. Sleeping in my bed did nothing.

I just gave up and built a new house. And, t'be honest, I like my new house better than my old one- it's within easy walking distance of jungle, plains, desert, swamp and forest biomes, has giant mountains that are easy to spot from a distance nearby, and has cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens nearby. I've already herded the cows, sheep and chickens into pens... just need to find some carrots to lure the piggies in. I've started building roads, too... easy to follow back home. And, I have a cat now! :) Can't find any wolves to domesticate, unfotunately. I'm sure I will at some point.

Maps. Thanks for reminding me... need to learn how to make a big map on the Minecraft wiki. The small ones are fricking useless.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Sades wrote:
Maps. Thanks for reminding me... need to learn how to make a big map on the Minecraft wiki. The small ones are fricking useless.
You surround it with paper on a crafting table. Once you get a transport infrastructure sorted getting about is a breeze, I only really need maps now when traveling by boat to my various ports.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yep, read that. And I'm going to try and make this road to my original spawn point, so if I ever get lost again I just have to follow the cobblestone road.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound bought Minecraft this morning.

He spawned in a location with no wood. Then he dug a little cave to keep himself safe at night, but he didn't have light so monsters spawned in his cave.

A Silverfish killed my husband!... but at least I get his stuff.