Happy Halloween!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Happy Halloween!

Post by Sades »

YAYYYYYY

We bought three bags of cheap crappy candy to hand out, and one bag of the GOOD candy to snack on.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Also I am a Jedi...

Now brought to you by Disney!
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

No Anglo-Saxon Halloween in china or Germany ( although the stupid people do celebrate this as the store want to sell the crap).
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Tomorrow is the best part of Halloween. Candy sales!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

And 90% dress-up outfits for the kids!

We had a nice Halloween/Reformation Day celebration at the church with a bunch of kids from the community and their families. Grilled some hotdogs, handed out some candy, and blew up two pumpkins. Capped it off with taking the kids out Trick or Treating, and now everyone's in bed after a mild sugar crash. 'Twas a good night.
Sades

Post by Sades »

We handed out candy at a friend's house (we live in an apartment and no one goes trick or treating in apartment buildings [sadface], so our friends let us "borrow" their place), then hung out, talked and watched movies. Pretty cool eve.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Way better than last years Halloween, the only kids we got last year was when my sister brought my nephews over to the apartment we had down in the US.

I had much fun handing out candy in my costume and watching Spaceballs.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Got home from work at 8, went to bed at 11 to get back up again to go to work.

Pretty cool evening.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Addl, you wild thing, you.
Hound wrote:Way better than last years Halloween, the only kids we got last year was when my sister brought my nephews over to the apartment we had down in the US.

I had much fun handing out candy in my costume and watching Spaceballs.
I was SO SAD. I love the entire trick-or-treating thing. Actually, I think I like the prep more... the decorating and pumpkin carving and stuff. But handing out candy and seeing kids in costumes is cool.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sades wrote:we live in an apartment and no one goes trick or treating in apartment buildings [sadface]
Same here. Actually, since I grew up in the country in a house that's at the end of a quarter-mile long driveway I've never had kids come to the door for Halloween in my entire life. :(

I did get to see a few kids making the rounds when I was walking home from work, and this being Winnipeg they were all dressed like kids in parkas.

Last weekend my wife and I went to a Halloween party thrown by one of the girls she works with. I dressed up like a lich, completed with a skull mask and hood that covered my entire face. No one (other than my wife and one of our friends) had any clue who I was, and I spent most of the night laughing my ass off because of all the increasingly drunk people (most of whom I didn't even know) who spent the night trying to guess who I was and/or trick me into taking my mask off. I hadn't planned on wearing it all night, but they were just so damned funny that I had to.

Plus it kept my wife from noticing when I was, uh, admiring the other girls' costumes a bit too much, which was an entirely unintended benefit that had no influence on my choice of costume at all. :glance:
Sades

Post by Sades »

My work had a costume day on the 31st, but I didn't wear mine because it was itchy as **** around the collar and I didn't much relish the thought of being in it for 8+ hours. Besides that (and handing candy out on Halloween night), the only other thing we did was a costume party on the 27th. It was kinda lame though, because we didn't really know anyone. And there were no boobies to look at, because the party was decidedly bereft of slutty attention whores. There were like three Asian Wonder Womans, though. O.o

We lived in the country too, mostly rural but still within a community. Plus my parents were teachers when we were younger so parents always brought their kids by. We probably used to get 100+ kids a night. That dwindled over the years, from what I remember... I don't think my parents get a whole lot of kids now. It's kinda sad to me, in a way, though I don't know how they feel about it. :/ They might just be relieved that they don't have to buy so much damn candy anymore. :p

We didn't get a whole lot of kids this year either. The weather was majorly shitty. Plus my friends live out in the west end and it seems everyone in the west end goes to the West Ed Mall to trick or treat. I can see why... big-ass mall, indoors, warm... but still. On the really cold days, it sucks because then almost no-one goes door to door. But we did get some, which was still a big improvement over last year. :) Those few got BIIIIG handfuls of candy, too.

It kinda spoils the fun for the rest of us a bit (at least on the really cold days) when malls hand out candy. As far as I know, though, all the malls in the city here do it. Do malls elsewhere do this, as well?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sades wrote:And there were no boobies to look at, because the party was decidedly bereft of slutty attention whores.
But that's half the point of Halloween! :(

It's always struck me as crazy to do that in a city like mine or yours, though. I don't want to discourage chicks from running around half-naked, don't get me wrong, but doing it when the temperature's below freezing and there's snow on the ground it doesn't strike me as an especially great time for it.
Sades wrote:It kinda spoils the fun for the rest of us a bit (at least on the really cold days) when malls hand out candy. As far as I know, though, all the malls in the city here do it. Do malls elsewhere do this, as well?
Some of the malls do the same thing here, too. This year was the first I'd heard of it, so I don't know if it's a new thing or not. Honestly it strikes me as cheating, though I can see the appeal in years where the weather's bad.
Hound

Post by Hound »

They've been doing it at the malls back home where I grew up for years. It's a warm place to take kids that is safe from weirdos and they can get just as much candy as going door to door. It's what I would do if it were me. It's probably what I will do for halloween when our kid is old enough.