[Message for snavej / discussion of alt IDs]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

[Message for snavej / discussion of alt IDs]

Post by Cliffjumper »

Instead of using your sockpuppet Thruradar account to report two to three year old posts why not get a life instead, you sad pathetic sack of shit? Maybe go back to writing your crap fanfics or something?

Now that's offensive.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Though presumably he won't see this for two to three years.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

???

Why did you post this in here, Cliffy?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Neuronutter wrote:???
snavej, a member who stopped posting because no-one liked him due to his lame-brained faux-middlebrow posting, attempts to spam his terrible fanfics and general habit of calling for a waaaaaambulance if anyone disagreed with his moronic cribbed opinions has long had an alternate account by the name of Thruradar which he uses to report posts as offensive because... well, we're not sure why, beyond him being a sad twat.

This evening a couple of posts from 2007/8 were reported by this pathetic pile of dogshit, and I've switched to live ammo.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Yeah, I understand a little better now. I'm sitting reading the Arizona shooting thread he posted in a little ago and it makes for interesting reading. Amazing how stupid some people can be.

I've never understood the whole getting another account and using it to back up your arguments thing. And reporting disagreements from several years ago? Really?

I was just wondering why your, perfectly reasonable, rant was posted in the New Comics Hub. Wouldn't the general discussion be more suitable?
inflatable dalek wrote:Though presumably he won't see this for two to three years.
That'll make for an interesting discussion in 2015.
inflatable dalek

Yeah, it worth noting he has never actually complained about responses to his own posts, so I'm not really sure why he feels the need to use an alt ID. Especially as we're not likely to pay attention to someone who does nothing but report posts (at irregular intervals no less) even if we hadn't spotted it was him. An actual proper* poster complaining will always be taken more seriously, whatever their history than an alt.

*To obvious a set up for a punchline for anyone to bite surely?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Neuronutter wrote:I was just wondering why your, perfectly reasonable, rant was posted in the New Comics Hub. Wouldn't the general discussion be more suitable?
Eh, it's not particularly reasonable and I'm going to get a couple of broken fingers from the admins for it, cowardice just presses my buttons.

I posted it here because this is the forum he's been reporting posts from; a direct response in another thread a while ago was ignored. I'm not entirely sure why the account isn't banned considering it's a known sockpuppet; possibly because it's quite funny and I haven't had an e-stalker this tragic since good ol' Rock.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Cliffjumper wrote:Eh, it's not particularly reasonable and I'm going to get a couple of broken fingers from the admins for it, cowardice just presses my buttons.
OK. maybe not reasonable, but entertaining anyway. And wow, that's strict admins! ;)
Cliffjumper wrote:I posted it here because this is the forum he's been reporting posts from; a direct response in another thread a while ago was ignored. I'm not entirely sure why the account isn't banned considering it's a known sockpuppet; possibly because it's quite funny and I haven't had an e-stalker this tragic since good ol' Rock.
Rock? What was the story with him/her?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Neuronutter wrote:Wouldn't the general discussion be more suitable?
As would not evading the auto-censor.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'm going to go and try to sleep off flu. While I'm out cold, could we possibly knock on the head anything that's likely to put off less confrontational members or readers?
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Well, that is just...strange. Not sure what to make of it TBH. It was a lot of pointless work is about the only thing that comes to mind.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Wow.

"got to remember special newspaper bags tonight"

he/she does sound like a winner.

and what's with all the wrestling stuff? i hate that stuff anyway, bloody pantomime theatrics, but really? threatening pretend violence against people. that's special.

i can never understand insulting people online. what's the point?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:As would not evading the auto-censor.
http://tfarchive.com/community/showpost ... stcount=27 :)

More than a little curious why the Thruradar account wasn't closed the first time it was used for what amounts to silent trolling and sockpuppetry.

Curious thing I did notice is that Snavej is actually editing some of his older posts: -

http://tfarchive.com/community/showpost ... stcount=54

Adding to his own wet-brained arguments two years down the line where no-one can see and call him on his bullshit.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Cliffjumper wrote:http://tfarchive.com/community/showpost ... stcount=27 :)

More than a little curious why the Thruradar account wasn't closed the first time it was used for what amounts to silent trolling and sockpuppetry.
Funny seeing the normally calm Denyer being so blunt. Clearly Snailsmasher was not getting the point.
Cliffjumper wrote:Curious thing I did notice is that Snavej is actually editing some of his older posts: -

http://tfarchive.com/community/showpost ... stcount=54

Adding to his own wet-brained arguments two years down the line where no-one can see and call him on his bullshit.
That is very strange behaviour indeed. Is there a reason why Snajev is still a member?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

We're mostly adults. The censor's there as a guide and to encourage people to demonstrate slightly more imagination... all I'm really bothered about personally is that the boards remain welcoming to the average enthusiast and patron of fine giant ****ing robots. Keeping it out of thread titles is a start.
the first time it was used for what amounts to silent trolling and sockpuppetry
Never actually posted in a public forum AFAIK. Most people won't have twigged that the Report Post function creates a thread in a private forum so that staff can see and act on the reports.
Curious thing I did notice is that Snavej is actually editing some of his older posts:
Revisionism's rather pathetic, but the time stamp on edits does make it pretty obvious.
inflatable dalek

[Not sure if this would be better in the club house, but as it's being discussed anyway I'll put it in this thread, if its inappropriate I'll move it]

Considering he's only used the account for harassments sake (albeit in a rubbish and half arsed way) I'd say a banning would be in order.

The mininmum would be we give him the same option we gave the chap who started an alt account to have conversations with themselves to say how brilliant they are, and offer him the chance to pick which name he prefers and then merge the accounts with a note not to do it again.

At the very least a PM to both accounts saying we know and being very emphatic we're not going to pay any attention to old thread reports from an alt ID?

Oh, and break Cliffy's fingers, natch.

EDIT: Oh, and the reason given for editing that post is a bit dickish, "Reason: Anyone who overlooks this stuff is no expert and should get off the net". Err, considering it's a recent edit everyone overlooked it...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:Considering he's only used the account for harassments sake
I don't think you can really call that harassment. For one thing, most people probably assume that Report Post goes to admins or at least have some disconnect that if they report someone who is staff that the report doesn't go to that person.

I banned the alt ID last night with a note attached to say stick to the original account.

If said person wants to start fresh, happy to park the old account and leave a new one active. Don't think there's anything banworthy there. Stupid, but not banworthy.
inflatable dalek

Denyer wrote:I don't think you can really call that harassment. For one thing, most people probably assume that Report Post goes to admins or at least have some disconnect that if they report someone who is staff that the report doesn't go to that person.
The intent seems to be specifically to get cliffy banned/suspended, I'd say that's harassment. Like I said though, it's rubbish and half arsed but that's not much of an excuse.
I banned the alt ID last night with a note attached to say stick to the original account.

Cool, missed that.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The reports said, in total,

"This was pretty rude." -- http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... post715499

"This is rude." -- http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... post716620

"This is pretty offensive." -- http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... post671451

"Littered with offensive and bilious comments." -- http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... post485297

All of which is fairly reasonable assessment, with bonus marks for "bilious" in a context that doesn't involve Games Workshop paints.

edit:

Bloody hell, the last one was from 2006.