Original XBox Games???

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Original XBox Games???

Post by ganon578 »

Or PS2/Xbox titles.

I've had a 360 for a couple years (the 4GB Slim model) and just recently ordered a used Microsoft-manufactured 250 GB hard drive for it. When it comes in, I'd like to try out/beef-up a collection of original XBox titles. I missed out on the XBox (only owned a GameCube at the time), and would like to fill in the gaps of missed gaming history.

I snagged Halo 2 yesterday and already own Halo: CE Anniversary for the 360. I also plan on getting Star Wars: KoTOR, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and Star Wars: Battlefront II.

What other suggestions do you all have, who may have played the original XBox? They don't have to be AAA mega-titles, just games that you really enjoyed. There's about a zillion top 25 lists out there, but I trust (maybe misplaced?) all of your opinions. I'm open to any type of game, and thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Outrun 2 or Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast, the drifting mechanism is cool and the game is a sublime arcadey experience. Plus its got the original OutRun coin-op as a hidden extra.

Jet Set Radio future is a great update to the original dreamcast version & a cool, fun game in its own right.

If you're a fan of KOTOR then I'm sure you'll enjoy Jade Empire (made by the same team).

GTA: San Andreas plays great with the X-Box joypad & may be the best GTA game altogether.

Oddworld: Munch's Odysee & Oddworld: Strangers Wrath are also worth getting, and play completely differently from each other.

And lastly (for now) Farenheiht. Superb movie game made by the same people who did Heavy Rain on the PS3. Very captivating and different game experience. I liked it a lot!

I started off with a Gamecube, then got an X-box & finally moved to a PS2. They're all cool & they've all got something different to offer. Though the Gamecube was the best overall, none of its games could touch the heart-attack inducing frenzy of a pumped-up Halo fragfest.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

It's not an XBox exclusive (I don't think), but a friend's XBox is what introduced me to SSX Tricky. Great game for over-the-top sports action, and lots of fun and replayability. There have been some really good games in the SSX family, and I'm really enjoying the current one on PS3.

If I recall, Project Gotham Racing on the XBox was really fun as well. I couldn't ever figure out the title, though, since it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Batman.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll probably check out the Oddworld games, as well as Jade Empire and something SSX. I might pass on PGR and OutRun, unless they're pretty cheap. I tried PGR4 on the 360 and it didn't quite ring a bell for me. If OutRun is more arcade-y, I might give it a go.

Were there any PS2/Xbox cross-platform titles that you guys liked? Like stuff that didn't make it to the GameCube but hit those other two?
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

A couple of xbox games that I look back fondly (and still have a copy of somewhere, I think) are Beyond Good and Evil, a thoroughly underplayed and tremendously fun game, and Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, by far the best mix of arcade flight game and cheesy, over the top dialogue I've seen. They are both extremely fun games.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

ganon578 wrote:Thanks for the recommendations! I'll probably check out the Oddworld games, as well as Jade Empire and something SSX. I might pass on PGR and OutRun, unless they're pretty cheap. I tried PGR4 on the 360 and it didn't quite ring a bell for me. If OutRun is more arcade-y, I might give it a go.

Were there any PS2/Xbox cross-platform titles that you guys liked? Like stuff that didn't make it to the GameCube but hit those other two?

The Legacy of Kain: Defiance and Robotech: Battle Cry were fun games but I don't think they're backwards compatible with the Xbox 360.

IIRC Microsoft only gave high-profile and big money games that for a limited amount of time. Some of the games were overlooked or came out too late in the Xbox 1's life cycle for them get on the Xbox 360. There were of course some developers and/or publishers went out of business.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Roar:_Primal_Fury

Can spot people have posted ripped ISOs for the Xbox 1 in the past, but not whether the retail disc works and it's not on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xb ... h_Xbox_360

Worth a little effort, though, always found it an entertaining battler on other platforms.