Transformers 4 News and Rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Transformers 4 News and Rumours

Post by Neuronutter »

An interview with Michael Bay by the Huffington Post has confirmed that the director will be back for TF4 and that the reboot, well, isn't.

Also, Peter Cullen will be back.

I thought I was done. Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, "Pain & Gain" ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I'm thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things -- but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on -- it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know?
So it was just one of those things. It's like, when you look what's going on in the film business with the franchise frenzy right now, why is Cameron doing two more "Avatar" movies? Why is Peter Jackson doing three more "Hobbit" movies that are in the same world as "Lord of the Rings"? When you have a franchise, it's very hard to give it up.
Furthermore this is the last one. Probably.
Well, no, you've got to do different things in life. But it doesn't matter. This is probably the last one.
As for the reboot:
No. We're basically taking from the history of where it was -- or where we left it in Chicago. And we're going to carry it on from there.
Is anyone even slighty surprised? Personally, I was looking forward to someone else giving this a bash.

Here's the interview http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/2 ... 03523.html and credit to TFormers.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yay to there being no reboots!

As it is, though, hopefully if this didn't suffer from a lack of script like ROTF did, it would be an entertaining film. I don't really expect it to make more than DOTM... but, eh, we'll see.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

I want a reboot because I don't want to see Sam, Carly, Simmons anymore. They are at their dead end.

But I also like the chance of carrying over so that might give Hasbro another chance to negotiate the license for Ferrari Dino.........
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Glenn Morshower will be back as well.

And there will likely be a fifth movie.

http://www.examiner.com/article/glenn-m ... t-con-x-kc
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

And for those wanting to continue following the Michael Bay Vs. The Universe thread, those posts are now here:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=51257
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

AVENGERS IS SHITE AND WHEDON IS OVERRATED
inflatable dalek

I'm glad Morshower is back.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

For Cliffy :)
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

inflatable dalek wrote:And for those wanting to continue following the Michael Bay Vs. The Universe thread, those posts are now here:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=51257
Spoiler alert:
SPOILER! (select to read)
The Universe actually loses, because Michael Bay blows it up.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Anyone got that Darth Vader "NOOOO!" meme? Because that sums up my feelings for this.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm confused; wasn't Bay confirmed when the film was first announced? Was his involvement ever in doubt?
I like bears.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Think he had said that the third would be his last. A fourth was always going to happen, with or without him (much like Batman 4 would already have been green light regardless of whether Nolan wanted to get off at The Dark Knight Rises)

But he is sticking on for another go! Yay..... Woot..... etc.....
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Oh, I know he said he wouldn't a while back, but I thought he'd agreed to do it the same time the date was announced.
I like bears.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Michael Bay has continued to stoke the fires by saying on Entertainment Tonight that:

"What I can say is that it's going to pick up where the other three left off," said Bay of the film, which will predominantly feature new actors from its predecessors. "It's going to feel very different. It's going to definitely open the franchise up for many more to come, and it's going to have a freshness to it."

So, same director, some of the same actors, continuation of characters and story line yet somehow it will be fresh. We'll see.

Here's the ET article:
http://www.etonline.com/movies/125682_M ... index.html

Credit to TFormers for the find.

Summerhayes wrote:Oh, I know he said he wouldn't a while back, but I thought he'd agreed to do it the same time the date was announced.
My impression was that he said he wasn't doing it after the third then changed his mind when the fourth was officially announced (something along those lines anyway.) Posturing for more money, perhaps?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... emale-lead

Hopefully she'll be a Strong Female Character (i.e. dressed in leather fetish suit but kicks someone every now and then).

EDIT: It would be kinda cool (if obviously not actually going to happen) if, after catching up with Sam in 3, we got to see Mikaela's side of things.
inflatable dalek

What was the one from the Energon trilogy called? Alexis? It should be her.

EDIT: Or Jessie from the Marvel comics. Just as long as she shares the name of a preexsisting character.

Though joking aside, I could seriously see them introducing alongside the new girl Sam's long lost brother/cousin/son Buster.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Cliffjumper wrote: Hopefully she'll be a Strong Female Character (i.e. dressed in leather fetish suit but kicks someone every now and then).
I see what you did there ;)
numbat

Post by numbat »

Also, apparently, the fourth film may well be his last. You know, like the the second and third ones might have been...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

inflatable dalek wrote:Though joking aside, I could seriously see them introducing alongside the new girl Sam's long lost brother/cousin/son Buster.
I dunno, the films are kinda breaking new ground by giving the majority of human characters names that aren't ridiculously stupid.

"Hi, I'm Hunter O'Nion - like the vegetable but with a random apostrophy because that way it's a totally convincing surname like all those crazy Irish ones. You see that cloud in the distance? That's your willing suspension of disbelief."
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

That's your willing suspension of disbelief
Giant, transforming alien robots...?

But yeah, you're right about that name. Its flipping terrible. Has to be made up.

http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/O'Nions