UK Masterpiece Prime preorder (at bizarrely low price)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

UK Masterpiece Prime preorder (at bizarrely low price)

Post by tahukanuva »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-Ma ... 266&sr=8-1

Thought you Brits might want a heads-up, here. I'm not sure why the price is so low (£35 as of posting) but it's sold by Amazon and the description seems like the right thing. Weird.

[Also I love that you guys' Amazon has 'baskets' instead of 'carts'.]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/images ... ctions.pdf

Certainly seems that way, and Amazon often honour their listings rather than cancel and relist -- I've had advance order books listed at low prices turn up before. More chance if people pile in with ordering multiples, though.

Cheers for the heads-up.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Hmm, my pre-order is in, but I strongly suspect this is a pricing error that will be rectified. £134.99 maybe? That'd kill it for me. I'll wait and see.
tahukanuva wrote:Also I love that you guys' Amazon has 'baskets' instead of 'carts'.
And they're made of wicker, dontcha know. ;)
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Pre-ordered as well.i will also keep an eye on this see what happens with the price.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Basketed, but would bet the difference that this never becomes avaliable and that instead a 'duplicate' with a larger price comes into being.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Cliffjumper wrote:Basketed, but would bet the difference that this never becomes avaliable and that instead a 'duplicate' with a larger price comes into being.
Seems likely - how would that work to those who have basketed it? And if I pay for it now will I be exempt from a subsequent price hike?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

They'll not charge you more than that, worst case scenario is you get an email explaining there's been a mistake and offering it at the new price (I've seen people on other forums get really pissy when that happens even though they gleefully ordered something that they knew was priced wrong).

More often than not though, they'll honour pre-orders even if the price is wrong, they take the hit but impress the cutomer and will likely sell more of similar to them in the future at the proper cost. Just depends how big the difference is.

Edit: Though if he's smaller than the previous MP's and doesn't have the trailer he should still be less than 100 surely?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Amazon description (and instructions with same product code) suggests it comes with a trailer;
Product Features

Trailer converts to battle station
Matrix of Leadership fits in chest
Energon axe snaps on
Trailer has storage areas for Ion Cannon and Energon axe
Ages 5 and up
Was that there before? I don't recall there being a product image earlier, which there currently is.

Amazon have spectacularly (and relatively unusually for them, although I suppose I do probably buy more from Marketplace sellers) messed up a couple of orders for me in the last year or so, so it'd be nice if something swung the other way.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Definitely no picture or image earlier.

Unbasketed because I've realised I don't actually want the thing either way.
inflatable dalek

I'm going to say the bit about the trailer wasn't there earlier.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Great, GREAT price for those of you still after one, if it stays that way.

At 260 or so I paid for the Takara version, I'm very satisfied. 100-120 for the hasbro version is neat. 35-36 GBP is hasbro pulling their pants down, bending over and inviting you to a party. :wave:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd be more interested if there was an MP Megs in the same scale, gun or tank.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Spotted on FullMetalHero:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-s ... =zg_bs_tab

You do get larger sale discounts, although the wholesale cost of the pillow pet is probably still less than £6. The wholesale price of MP-10 could be under $60, and there's a precedent in Argos dumping imported Skywarps for £20.

edit:

And someone's spoken to Amazon customer support, apparently...

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/t10989-13/#post103008

I'd just add that I've been lied to in writing in ways that breach the UK TDA (1968) by Amazon customer support before now.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I'm a little confused by this:

Box contains:
1 x Optimus Prime figure
1 x Autobot Roller
1 x Spike Witwicky mini-figure
1 x Energon
1 x Instructions

Although the trailer is listed in the product features it's not mentioned here so is it included or not or is the box listings simply incomplete? That's the main thing I'm ordering it for, so it'd be good to know.
inflatable dalek

Denyer wrote: And someone's spoken to Amazon customer support, apparently...

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/t10989-13/#post103008

I'd just add that I've been lied to in writing in ways that breach the UK TDA (1968) by Amazon customer support before now.
And all they've done there is:

A: Confirm what Amazon do 9 times out of ten in this sort of situation anyway [And they could still not honour that price, I believe technically they've only promised that one customer they will only be charged that much no matter what, everyone else gets covered by the usual terms and conditions]

And:

B: Ensure Amazon are alerted as soon as possible the price is wrong to make sure that it's corrected quickly and no one else can subsequently take advantage of the mistake.

Seriously, what you do when something is offered at that much off the correct price is put your order in, keep your head down and if you get it for that much- great. If not, you have the chance to refuse the re-order and you haven't lost everything. What you don't do is prod Amazon and go "I see this item I have pre-ordered is far cheaper than it should be, can I have it at that price before you correct it?". Unless you are a ****.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I would say if the difference really is anything like £50-100 a unit they're likely to say customer service be damned. Hell, they're currently weathering a storm over whether they're dicking the taxman or not with alacrity, they're not going to be phased by a bit of nerd rage. This reminds me an awful lot of the similar situation with Play a few years ago.

Matey-boy emailing might well bring the situation to an end in a way that makes a few people unhappy but it's probably preferable to waiting by the mailbox like a thick terrier.

EDIT: Seems to have disappeared from Movers and Shakers, though that might just be where the people who were going to get it have already spotted it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:B: Ensure Amazon are alerted as soon as possible the price is wrong to make sure that it's corrected quickly and no one else can subsequently take advantage of the mistake.
Could be tactical, therefore.

Que sera etc.

Anyone clued in to what wholesale prices tend to be? They've got to be more generous than electronics or there probably wouldn't be any high street toy stores.

With books, Amazon often list a discounted price then try to use orders as leverage to obtain unsustainable discounted prices from smaller publishers. Toy companies aren't in the tell-stores-what-to-buy position they used to be, but it seems unlikely a similar approach would get very far on the part of everyone's favourite tax avoiders.
inflatable dalek

I'm actually surprised the Amazon price for Masterpiece is apparently normally over a £100, I only paid about 80 for the original American release of Prime and- whilst I can't recall exactly what Grimlock cost it certainly wasn't over a ton. Is inflation a bitch or are their toy prices normally over egged? Never brought any collectables off them before.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Grimlock cost £60.with amazon,the prices do fluctuate according to availability and a lot of marketplace sellers then latch onto this and you can find yourself paying silly money for stuff.worse,it seems to make some sellers think this is the going rate for old stuff.there are probably still listings for second hand beast wars toys for over £50 whereas the stuff struggles to sell on ebay.

@dalek, yeah way to go to the moron whom emailed amazon to say 'i don't think this is priced right' -keep your gob shut you wally!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, Marketplace sellers (and whatever they're called on Play for the similar stuff) take the piss - basically they set out to capitalise on people who, for whatever reason, can't use ebay - "It's cheaper on ebay!"/"Go buy it off ebay then"/"Can't"/"QED, bitch". They're often people/places that can afford to sit on stock and await the arrival of chumps.