"Transformers: Tatakai" Game Box Art

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

"Transformers: Tatakai" Game Box Art

Post by Bombshell »

http://www.toysrus.co.jp/images/7/5/7/757950000L.jpg

Makes ya wish it would come out over here, doesn't it?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Anyone know if Japanese PS2 titles work like video DVDs? ie, If they're the same region-coding type and would work in European PS2s?
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Nope - you'd have to get your ps2 modified to be able to play Japanese games...but from what I've read about the G1 game, other than you get to run around with various bots in 3d shooting fun, it isn't much of a game..but I'll reserve judgement till I've managed to see more of it/played it..
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

If you have a PS2 already, getting it modded to play imports shouldn't be too difficult, and I'm not even sure you'd need it modded. Might just require a boot disc.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

afaik you need to get it modified, as I'm not sure if there is any sort of boot disc out there for the ps2s, or if they'd actually work - the PS2 has been designed to stop the swap-trick.. It worked real good for the dreamcast tho :)

Having said that...Is tf:tatakai actually out yet?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

http://www.success-hk.com has a swap disc thingy for backups, but I'm not sure if it works for imports.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

and of course - the moment I posted that, I came across all those sorts of things... doh :/

hmm...might be an alternative to getting my ps2 done - apart from the fact they've made it illegal to stick mod chips into ps1/ps2's in australia, there aren't many people over here who will actually touch ps2's anyhow...
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

i got my ps2 modded and Sir Auros the swap disks are homo waste of money u can only play a certain size disc then like under 73 min and cant member for dvds modchip is around 37.95 USD and then to get someone to install the like 20 sumthing wires and not **** up lets say $60 so ur lookin @ 100 us and hope they didnt fry your system or **** up the install it happens lots with people who dont know how to solder very very small points....swapping will only drive you insane and burn the motor our faster...trust me on this one its a no no if you can solder then more power to you best to learn on a ps1 or something cheap instad of a ps2....best part bout modchips are free games :P download as many as u want :D

if u need more info lemme know

..a beta of this game was on the next a looong time ago many people said it was crappy and will suck unless its changed alot..i never bothered cuz betas are always buggy
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
Freak_Dudley
Protoform

Well....

Post by Freak_Dudley »

I have this game.And, really, Its that darn hard.I can't even get past Soundwave......and....the voice dubbing is...... :wtf: =>:(
Flesh Creature
Protoform

Post by Flesh Creature »

Ok, I gotta know because I am clueless. Where would I take my PS2 to get it modified?? After it is done would I still be able to play my American games on it as well.
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

u can send it away to a chipping company (you can find em on the net) or try and find a local installer and yes your ps2 will able to play originals and once modded will be able to play all backups and jap games...pal games would have to be patched :P
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

looks like I'm going to need a mod chip for this one:wall:
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Civ

Post by Civ »

My question is, what the hell is wrong with Takara? Don't they know there's a rather large Transformers fan following in the US? Don't they know they could make a lot of money just because of us? I just don't understand their thinking at all.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Freak_Dudley
Protoform

Post by Freak_Dudley »

Uh....because this game kinda suck? Really, this isn't a very good game.Think Ironhide, Ratchet and....I think its Sideswipe ,as melee troops for u to fight against when u are using Deceptions.And boy, all of the AI aims at u. And ur other 2 partners just stand there, with occasional punching and kicking....Right....
Civ

Post by Civ »

It sounds as though you played it before.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Freak_Dudley
Protoform

Post by Freak_Dudley »

Yah, i played it before.Because I have the game.