[Creationism] Ignored again...****!!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hound

[Creationism] Ignored again...****!!!

Post by Hound »

This is a creationism thread...

The first person who starts arguing the (in)validity of evolutionism gets told to shut the f*ck up.

I'm getting tired of my points just being ignored.

Prove the validity of creationism as described in the Bible...

C'mon Sheba, I dare ya...:rolleyes:
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I was saying before on msn...

How can creationists not believe in the evolution theory? They think evolution is absurd, yet theyll believe in one man creating the universe...

Which sounds more absurd to you?

*awaits flames*
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

can't they co-exist?
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

So you mean like, lets say God creates everything, and then evolution happens later on?
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
can't they co-exist?

Indeed they could, but that's not the battle I'm fighting right now...
Scout

Post by Scout »

Galvy beat me to it.

Seems everything in both ideas comes in the same order, though time spans are unknown exactly. Here goes... I prefer creationism as a base, but won't deny the possibility of others. Seems perfectly logical God made everything and then over time things changed a bit (but I have doubts about the extents.) Anyway Hound, for what it's worth to you, you aren't as ignored as you might think. ;) I'm just not vocal.

I like reading/hearing different ops- just won't argue back and figure it this way... Why argue -when you like your own beliefs and others like theirs? Seems silly to me to get upset and worked up over something that can't be solved. :) *shrugs* I enjoy listening though. You do make some great points in debate.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
can't they co-exist?

I've been saying that since day-one to Sheba and well, you know the rest....

Good luck Hound...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Strafe
Good luck Hound...

Ironically, it'll take divine intervention...
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by Hound
Ironically, it'll take divine intervention...

*drum, drum, cymbal*
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

yet theyll believe in one man creating the universe...
We don't believe a man did, we believe God did.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Hound

Post by Hound »

So prove it...
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Hound
So prove it...

*crickets chirp*
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

OK Hound, I've contacted the Archive delivery service, they're heading up to your room to gather your personal effects to bring down here, so you can have optimum comfort. Cuz let's face it, you're gonna be here a while...good luck though.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
We don't believe a man did, we believe God did.
Thats nice...

So...

Who created "God?"

If "God" created all this junk...did he create himself?

edit: why am I getting involved in this?
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Well, I've never tried to prove creationism. I've normally showed the holes in evolution.

Plasmodium, one man did not create the universe. That would be crazy. One God did. Strafe and I can go at the merits of the two theories at a later date for everyone's education and enjoyment.

Hound, define prove and validity for me, please.
We might as well have a common starting ground. For instance, if you want me to prove creationism acording to current science theory, I cannot. It doesn't have the eperical evidence behind it. No one was around to watch God create the universe. It says so right there in the first chapter.

So, I guess I need to show that it is a valid as the other main theories competing against it? To do that, I NEED to show where evolution fails as a scientific model, but you just said that is not allowed.

So, you tell me, what makes a theory valid? If you want a debate of the "validity of creationism as described in the Bible" you need to flesh out where we are arguing from for me a bit more. For instance, Galvatron84 pointed out that we (meaning he and I for the moment) believe God created the universe, not a man. You responded "prove it." Prove it by what theory of knowledge? Analytical, emperical, metaphysical? Your initial request was for the validity of the belief to be shown as existing. Proveing something is far harder. No theory of the beginning of the universe or life has been proven. Anyone telling you so should take a class in epistemology.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, I'd arreciate it if flames were kept to a minimum people. I'm looking forward to having a serious chat with Hound here. I think that it can be enjoyed by us both.
--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

wait, she will probably reply tommorrow night to this thread...and I asked them to close down my thread cause I was tired of the religious talk, I just wanted to see some proof about Asimov.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

OK, let me simulate the rest of this thread.

Sheba will reply, with no proof whatsoever, but will instead bash the Evolution theory for all she's worth.

Strafe, Hound, Savannahtron and Auros will put together well structured and convincing arguements as to why she is wrong.

Sheba will reply, with yet more half-witted arguements, and no proof whatsoever.

Repeat ad infiniteum and ad nauseum (or till the topic is locked).

Oh yeah, somewhere during this, Sheba will accuse Strafe of siding with the enemies of God, and Hound, Sav and Auros will have been brainwashed by the evil scientists.

Auros will justifyably call Sheba an ignorant ****wit (or something equally concise and to the point).

Then Tenoh might show up, threatening to declare war on the Archive, and bring down his terrible wrath upon us all.

We all laugh.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

yeah, after my thread, that sounds about right sixy.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Originally posted by nmathew
Proveing something is far harder. No theory of the beginning of the universe or life has been proven. Anyone telling you so should take a class in epistemology.

Depends on how you define knowledge. Since there is no right answer as of now, the best to date, ignoring Gettier counter-examples is True Justified Belief.

1)Life comes from evolution

2)Life from creationism

"1" has far more justification to it. You yourself said that pure creationism can not be proven due to lack of empirical evidence.

As for which is true, well we may never be able to judge that in the epistemeological sense. But what we do have is a pretty good idea of how things went, and even if there is no knowledge according to skepticism, it's still better than nothing due to the greater justification behind it.

I also would like to point out in the other thread when Sheba stated that God wanted us to refer to God as him.

1)Why would an infinite being have a gender?

2)I remeber in Exodus that when asked, God responded "I AM" Notice the lack of gender specifics.

3)Christianity has been used as a tool of political power, no one can deny that. People are also quite willing to do whatever is necessary to gain power. No one can deny that. And the Bible has been translated many times. No one can deny that. Finally literacy was very low in past times. Given this, it would be very easy for someone who either a)Hated women, or b)Wanted women to be marginalized to "mistranslate" the Bible and add that God is a "he", despite the ridiculous notion of a omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient being having a gender.

If God has a gender then you've opened up a can o' worms the size of Canada...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Then Tenoh might show up, threatening to declare war on the Archive, and bring down his terrible wrath upon us all.

We all laugh.

-Ss

wait! You forgot that Tenoh will then edit his/er/its post to say nothing ot the sort, apologise for the fact that his/her/its ass belongs to Fokker, and then say we should all forget about everything.