Transformers 2012 Hall of Fame

Post by Dinobot#1 »

Who do you want in the HOF

Optimus primel
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Don't hassel the HOF.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Terome

Post by Terome »

inflatable dalek wrote:Don't hassel the HOF.
He has not paid his parking fines.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

How about Erector. I'm not sure if anyone's noticed in the 23 years since his release, but his name's a mild innuendo and if you don't get out much and haven't seen your genitals under the rolls of flab for some time this is quite amusing. Can you imagine if we got Erector into the Hall of Fame? Some Hasbro guy would be going "We're going to induct Erector" and we'd all be LOLing like a US sitcom audience because that's a very, very common euphanism for sexual activity. All we need is bold and italics, lots of bold and italics.

The problem with the Hall of Fame is that, being organised by a toy multinational, it's inducting trademarks. If we were to submit Ironhide because of his mental movie maniac incarnation, we'd also be nominating the Sunbow chicken-****er, that little turd from Energon, the one of the Spychangers who was the same as the rest of the Spychangers but was a pick-up, the plot cul-de-sac from Armistation, etc.
Terome

Post by Terome »

The problem with the Hall of Fame is that, being organised by a toy multinational, it's inducting trademarks. If we were to submit Ironhide because of his mental movie maniac incarnation, we'd also be nominating the Sunbow chicken-****er, that little turd from Energon, the one of the Spychangers who was the same as the rest of the Spychangers but was a pick-up, the plot cul-de-sac from Armistation, etc.
My particularly favourite part of it is how they throw the tiniest of sops and a to the people who made their brand popular, spend a vanishing fraction of the money they've earned off of them to put them up in a hotel for a weekend, and then expect them to be thankful for the honour.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I really can't see the point of putting fictional characters in The Hall of Fame anyway. A way of celebrating the behind the scenes people with a bit of a party is fair enough, but with the characters you're not only going to quickly run out of properly famous ones, it's also not as if it's likely Optimus Prime is going to turn up and accept his award, so what's the point?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
penny88
Protoform

HOF

Post by penny88 »

Optimus Prime is the champ, but he is fictitious character individual behind the scene should be accredited.