*Craps pants* [All Anime Channel]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Plasmodium

*Craps pants*

Post by Plasmodium »

All-anime Cable Network? (03:30 PM EST): It's been talked about in circles for years now, but according to Steven Lin of the Anime Con Mailing List, it's about to happen. While in attendance at the ADV Films 10th anniversary party this past weekend, John Ledford announced that ADV has just made arrangements to have a 24 hour All anime Cable channel. When contacted, ADV's David Williams indicated that a press release will be forthcoming.
Courtesy of http://www.animeondvd.com

Uber =-0

Sadly, if this is real, Canada probly wont get it. Sobs.
Lucifer
Protoform

Post by Lucifer »

If true, i'll record it daily and mail you the tapes.
"'If you die,' you said, 'so do I,' you said, but it ends the day you understand, there is no forever, just this."
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Originally posted by Lucifer
That's going to be ALOT of tapes.

Considering I need 1 tape for each anime series that I tape(I prefer to have 1 series on each tape) You'd need 24x3= 72 tapes. That's assuming they air 3 different series each hour. Better pray for commercial breaks between shows, you'll need them to switch tapes :)
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

YES! My Prayers have been answered. Image
THE WIND, THE CLOUD, AND THE ADVENTURE....

Check out my EBay Auction The Constructicons set of Knock Offs.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Lucifer
:D

Ya, that would be a lot of tapes though. And I have a lot of anime as it is now, so most of the stuff theyd show I probly would already have.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Is this subscriber based or advertised based? I'm curious if they will cater to both DUB and SUB fans, as I have the feeling they might be only playing DUBs. <sobs>
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Dont know, they would have to play subs eventually seeing as how if it was only dubs there would be a ****load of repeats.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
Dont know, they would have to play subs eventually seeing as how if it was only dubs there would be a ****load of repeats.

Not really, there is a ton of dubbed anime in the US to play.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

MM, yes, but this is 24/7, so....
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Hmm...I'll have to try to nip this in the bud...Luke hate anime. Luke Smash!

*smashes*
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

I wonder if the Anime Network will be part of my cable's general subscription like Cartoon Network or will it be a premium-based channel with an additional fee, ie. HBO... Heck! I'm just hoping that my service provider offers it since it took them forever to add SciFi Channel to their lineup. I don't even get Food Network or Action Channel. :(

Sub or Dub? I don't care. I like both but dubs comprise the majority of my collection.... and the quality seems to be steadily improving. Best dub? Go see "Spirited Away" in the theater if you can!

And to think of all the LONG series out there!!!! I have Robotech, Fushigi Yuugi, Record of Lodoss Wars (both OVA series and tv), Hakkenden and most of Rurouni Kenshin (unfortunately I have Kenshin on VHS, then got my dvd player.... :() And I started on Ayashi no Ceres... but it just got too expensive. If anything is over 4 discs I really have to think hard if I want to purchase it. So much catching up to do! Escaflowne, Trigun, Bebop, NGE.... Oh wait... Gotta go to ADV and see what they have...

WooHOOO! :D
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Hmm...I'll have to try to nip this in the bud...Luke hate anime. Luke Smash!

*smashes*

If you HATE anime, why did you bother coming into this thread???? Oh I see! The title was: *Craps pants* !!!!!!!!! :D
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Indeed.

Ill just stick to me dling of anime, unless I get this channel, and they show something I want, then Ill just get a capture card. Fudge, going to take me forever to complete FY. SOB. > : (
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

Well with FY, I have both Suzaku and Seiryu sets on VHS....and the Memories OVAs. I was faithful and went to my local Suncoast every month looking out for each tape release.... and LOVED the series! It's my 3rd favorite behind Kenshin and Robotech (RT for nostalgia sakes). Then the VHS box sets came out for a much cheaper price (ugh).... then I got my dvd player... then saw how much the dvd sets were running....and cried! $200 for each! They've gone down but still haven't gotten them.... Same with Kenshin. I have probably 2/3 to 3/4 of the series on VHS then got my dvd player. And so far they haven't come out with a Kenshin dvd box set yet. With Kenshin I will definitely buy the dvd set.... I did replace my RT, ROLW and Hakkenden tapes however....

I realize I'm missing out on downloading off the net.... but the quality isn't the same and besides, I'm on a Mac platform....
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Most.

The quality is ok for me. I have some eps on tape, I wouldnt mind them on tape, dvds are too expensive anyways.
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

I don't care about the anime; I'm here on business.

*distributes wedgies to all who have crapped their pants.

Uh, that's for, uh... uh... being so psychotic with your "subs only!" shrieks.

Yeah, you haven't done that... yet. It's as inevitable as a ridiculous, sped-up on film, twenty on one, over-the-top martial-arts fight in a Steven Segal film...
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

http://advfilms.com/news/index.asp?id=648

:
HOUSTON, November 6, 2002 - ADV Films today announced publicly the creation of The Anime Network™, the first television channel in North America dedicated to anime (Japanese animation) and anime-related content. The Anime Network™ targets the nation's estimated 85 million cable television subscribers, and seeks to capitalize on cable's increasing dominance in the world of at-home entertainment.

Initially announced in June, 2002 at ADV Films' 10th Anniversary party in Tokyo, and announced in the U.S. at ADV's November 2 invitation-only 10th Anniversary party in Houston, the creation of The Anime Network™ has the industry abuzz with excitement and speculation.

"This has been in the works for some time," said ADV Films President, Founder and CEO John Ledford. "Until now, the market and the culture haven't been ready for it. But today ever-increasing numbers of Americans are becoming familiar with anime and its distinctive aesthetic; they're curious about anime, they're hungry for it, and The Anime Network™ is going to deliver it right to their televisions."

Competitive Advantage
While existing cable outlets have enjoyed strong ratings with limited blocks of anime and anime-inspired animated programming, The Anime Network™ will make fine anime programming available to viewers 24 hours a day.

"The Anime Network™ is the next logical step," said Ledford. "The television outlets that currently carry anime aren't meeting the potential demand; they offer very limited selections of titles, and only during very restricted hours. The Anime Network™ will change all of that, and we're excited to be leading the revolution."

Content
The Anime Network™ model is structured around four categorized content areas: Action Zone, Sci-Fi, Comedy Incorrect, and Horror/Martial Arts. These categories are designed to include virtually the entire spectrum of quality anime, while contextualizing content for new viewers unfamiliar with specific titles.

Coming Up
Coming soon, releases detailing geographic/service provider availability of The Anime Network™, along with information about whom viewers can call regarding local availability; also, a sneak preview of programming that will be available in The Anime Network™'s first months.