SDCC Exclusive GI Joe-Transformers Set

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blackjack

SDCC Exclusive GI Joe-Transformers Set

Post by Blackjack »

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/8455/20/

At San Diego Comic-Con 2011, one of Hasbro's exclusives will be a GI Joe-Transformers brand crossover. The set will include a figure of Cobra Commander with an accessory of Megatron in gun mode, as well as a G.I. Joe Skystriker jet repainted to represent Starscream in vehicle mode.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Plane don't transform, so I don't care.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hound

Post by Hound »

CC looks like something off of Robot Chicken.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Starscream ain't no F14 :(. It's like those old movies, where they just use footage of aircraft at random (one scene it's a F15 Eagle, next a F18 Hornet, then a F4 Phantom II).

Anyhow, I don't think this will appeal to either of the fangroups. I'm no GI Joe expert, but even I think that CC looks kinda... odd.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Shrapnel Clone wrote:Starscream ain't no F14 :(.
For the G.I. Joe crossovers he's been a lot of things, not to mention that they update and change him every few years. iirc he's been a Night Raven, a P-51 Mustang, two different bi-planes, and not to mention an assortment of other jets. He could do worse for a G.I. Joe cross over.

They could of made him a Rattler.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm just glad they're doing a proper version as well - G3 compatibility and structural reinforcement FTW... The F-14 just doesn't fit Starscream - it's not close enough to be accurate, and too far away to be a change if you follow.

But yeh, this is just a random convention exclusive, no worse than most of the desperate crap BotCon have put out in its' way...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Seems harmless enough, and the F14 is close enough to fool this aircraft novice. The main problem is it's just a bit bland looking.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye... I've not looked closely at the pictures, but the basic Joe Skystriker is a grey jet, so Starscream will be a grey jet with red and blue trim and maybe a yellow cockpit if they're feeling cocky... It's the sort of thing that'd make a really fun custom sticker set on a fan site, not so much a tempting exclusive - you'd feel a bit daft spending however much on something so easy to customise (actually, I'd be surprised if no-one's actualyl done it before), certainly.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'd pick it up if it isn't crazy expensive, but I don't even know what the retail price for something like that would be if it wasn't a SDCC exclusive, to be honest. I usually get the SDCC exclusives just because they are easy for me to get, since it is only 4 hours away from where I live. But I hope this isn't the only Transformer exclusive this year, since it isn't actually a transformer, technically.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:Aye... I've not looked closely at the pictures, but the basic Joe Skystriker is a grey jet, so Starscream will be a grey jet with red and blue trim and maybe a yellow cockpit if they're feeling cocky...
Yup, I think it would have actually helped to go for the brighter cartoon colour scheme. It would have been more eye catching and would have made a certain degree of sense (or as much as convention exclusives ever do) as it's the TV versions of the two characters who have the connection.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!