Musical score for G1 cartoon coming soonish

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Clay

Musical score for G1 cartoon coming soonish

Post by Clay »

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/12/sony ... ore-313980

I have a rip of the G1 cartoon music that I do listen to on occasion, but much of it is incomplete. I look forward to this. :)
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Aye. I'm very much looking forward to this, especially if they manage to get the music from G.I. Joe the Movie.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Oh boy, I can't wait to listen to "Generic rock music" and "Cold Slither (instrumental)". Oh, and who can forget "Dun-dun! Dun-dun! Du-dun-du-dun-du-dun-du-dun!" :D
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Sony Records are finally releasing the score to a slew of Sunbow cartoons, including Transformers, G.I. Joe, Jem and the Holograms, and My Little Pony.
Surely that should be Transformers/GI Joe, given it was the same bloody music in both. Or did Jem and MPL have those tunes as well and this is basically one release with all of it on?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nifty.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yes, this has my attention.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Yay! Although to be honest I'm more excited for all those Jem songs and the G.I. Joe Movie Main Title than Transformers incidental music. Cheesy '80s pop/rock FTW!

My favourite piece from the TF soundtrack is what I call 'creepy ominous rock track', dunno if it has a proper title. It's the one playing in 'Call of the Primitives' during the reverse switch montage, as everyone wakes up from being Tornedronned.
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I'm very pleased.
Come on and wind me up.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cool - and the real bonus is it's the same score for so many '80s cartoons!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Tetsuro wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait to listen to "Generic rock music" and "Cold Slither (instrumental)". Oh, and who can forget "Dun-dun! Dun-dun! Du-dun-du-dun-du-dun-du-dun!" :D
Generic Rock Music is already avaliable in it's entirety on
Youtube
https://youtu.be/n3KhCXfPlmU
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Scotimus Prime wrote:Generic Rock Music is already avaliable in it's entirety on
Youtube
https://youtu.be/n3KhCXfPlmU
I honestly wonder what the story behind this track is. It sounds less like something composed specifically for Sunbow and more like a 70's or 60's library track.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Oh btw this guy has completed a g1 soundtrack
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/09/19/gene ... m=facebook
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cheers, I remember that... still in the market for an official release, but something to tide us over in the meantime.
numbat

Post by numbat »

So the official release seems to be going nowhere quickly?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Aye....i haven't heard anything since that Rob J Walsh announcement a while back! so god knows when that's coming

Btw my only worry is....that since we've now got this recently completed fan kickstarter project of the G1 season 1 soundtrack, that when the original stuff does eventually get released....it'll just cover the same pieces of music that the kickstarter fan project has already done(& btw when you hear those fan project ones....they sound as good as if it did come from a master recording).

oh & btw i dunno yet how the J Walsh one's are going to be released? whether they release all the G1 seasons in one go? or individually?
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Considering GI Joe and Transformers shared a lot of music, I would imagine they'd either release both in a set...

...or just randomly pick which track goes to which soundtrack, forcing you to buy both. Where that leaves all the new music composed for the third season, I've no idea.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tetsuro wrote:Considering GI Joe and Transformers shared a lot of music, I would imagine they'd either release both in a set...

...or just randomly pick which track goes to which soundtrack, forcing you to buy both. Where that leaves all the new music composed for the third season, I've no idea.
Didn't Dungeons & Dragons also share much of the same music?

In fact, probably a lot of '80s cartoon music is shared...

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

I wouldn't know, I never saw D&D. Seeing it was produced by Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Tetsuro wrote:I wouldn't know, I never saw D&D. Seeing it was produced by Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised.
I just saw one or two episodes, but the music stuck with me because it was the same as the G1 Transformers cartoon.

I remember music (not lyrics!) well.

Also items on eBay.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

The same music being shared by so many different programs just opens a whole another can of worms.

Seeing it's unlikely there's even gonna be a GI Joe soundtrack, does that mean all this "shared" music just winds up on the Transformers one? It'd basically mean people who want the music from those other shows would have to buy it, but they'd still be left without the music exclusive to the other shows.