IDW July 2010 Solicitations

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

IDW July 2010 Solicitations

Post by Blackjack »

Source
Transformers #9
Mike Costa (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Don Figueroa, Guidi (c)
“International Incident,” Part 1: After MEGATRON left Earth three years ago, DECEPTICONS all over the globe were left stranded and leaderless. It was only a matter of time before an insane international despot assembled a bunch of them together to serve as a living Weapon of Mass Destruction, setting off the most action-packed TRANSFORMERS storyline in years, with art by fan-favorite Guido Guidi.

* 2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Ironhide #3
Mike Costa (w) • Casey Coller (a) • Marcelo Matere, Coller (c)
He's been stranded on a deserted Cybertron, but IRONHIDE is about to meet the only two other functioning AUTOBOTS on the planet. One is an old friend in dire need of help, and the other is a legendary character making his IDW debut. Mike Costa and Casey Coller reveal why exactly IRONHIDE—and his death—were so important to the future of Cybertron.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Nefarious #5

Simon Furman (w) • Carlos Magno (a) • Brian Rood, Magno (c)
The full scope and scale of The Initiative’s grand plan—some eighty years in the making—is revealed, and the pooling of AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON forces may just be too little too late. Armed with his very own Allspark, Carter Newell has nothing less than total annihilation on his mind!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Classic Transformers, Vol. 6

Simon Furman, Bob Budiansky, Ralph Macchio (w) • Andrew Wildman, Geoff Senior, Frank Springer, Don Perlin (a)
This volume of Classic Transformers concludes the original continuity, with issues #75–80! Also included is the four-part Headmasters story written by Bob Budiansky, and the original three-part Transformers Movie Adaptation written by Ralph Macchio.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 364 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-672-9

Transformers: Bumblebee TPB

Zander Cannon (w) • Chee (a) • Chee (c)
IDW presents the first-ever BUMBLEBEE solo tale, written by Zander Cannon (Top Ten). BUMBLEBEE finds himself leading a group that believes him to be unprepared for the job. An opportunity to radically improve the AUTOBOTS reputation arises and he accepts, despite his reservations, embarking on a clandestine mission for the human military to find and disable all remaining rogue robots.
TPB • FC • 17.99 • 112 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-702-3
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Transformers: Ironhide #3
Mike Costa (w) • Casey Coller (a) • Marcelo Matere, Coller (c)
He's been stranded on a deserted Cybertron, but IRONHIDE is about to meet the only two other functioning AUTOBOTS on the planet. One is an old friend in dire need of help, and the other is a legendary character making his IDW debut. Mike Costa and Casey Coller reveal why exactly IRONHIDE—and his death—were so important to the future of Cybertron.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Is this set in the past or present? Because Ironhide died on Earth, right? Or was his body shot in space?
Transformers #9
Mike Costa (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Don Figueroa, Guidi (c)
“International Incident,” Part 1: After MEGATRON left Earth three years ago, DECEPTICONS all over the globe were left stranded and leaderless. It was only a matter of time before an insane international despot assembled a bunch of them together to serve as a living Weapon of Mass Destruction, setting off the most action-packed TRANSFORMERS storyline in years, with art by fan-favorite Guido Guidi.

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Glad to see we're getting a different artist, because I can't stand Don's art currently. :sick:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Springer85 wrote:Is this set in the past or present? Because Ironhide died on Earth, right? Or was his body shot in space?

Glad to see we're getting a different artist, because I can't stand Don's art currently. :sick:
Do we know what his next project is if he's no longer on TFs?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Neuronutter wrote:Do we know what his next project is if he's no longer on TFs?
Unemployment? He didn't seem to find much work when Dreamwave folded. http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=5766 hardly suggests he's Cassaday.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

The fact that he LEFT TRANSFORMERS FOREVER so abruptly that he couldn't even be arsed to finish The Ascending (but then neither could many of the readers) then had to make A TRIUMPHANT RETURN suggests to me that we've not seen the last of the guy.

Who I like, for the record. Well, I like his art anyway. I've not braved the ongoing yet.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, I got nothing against his art (similarly can't be arsed to open the downloaded issues of the ongoing yet, it looks shit from the previews), or from what I've seen of him as a person... His reputation, though, just sort of typifies the ghettoised mindset of your average Transformers fan... Do you remember when DW folded and there were people dribbling about how him, McDonough and Patyk were bound to get picked up by Marvel or DC, as if some good fan response to a title that was being outsold by sixty-odd books made them a shoo-in for the Ultimates.

The thing with Figueroa is his main strength is drawing big robots, preferably transforming ones, and preferably ones from a certain Hasbro brand. There aren't that many other comics out there where this is particularly necessary, so he's always going to be back sooner or later. He's most likely just taking some time off. Much the same with Guidi...

The Big Two tend to be very on the ball with snapping up new talent - did Bryan Hitch last even a year drawing Transformers before getting more fashionable work? Whereas Figueroa and Guidi have been working on official TF comics for not all that far short of a decade now.