Transformers game for I-phone

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
electro girl

Transformers game for I-phone

Post by electro girl »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ngs/17750/
http://toucharcade.com/2010/01/21/trans ... to-iphone/

Have not seen this reported here so here you go. The game looks to play along the lines of Advance Wars and seems to have a pleasantly simple formula for transforming and attacking. I just wish I had an I-phone otherwise This would make a nice DS release.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

From the video it looks incredibly tedious.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Its been out on normal phones for a while. Gotten good reviews but the i-touch version looks a bit icky through the interface (I love my I-touch for music but I cant say I like games on it)

I saw a video for the mobile version and I think it looked better in a 16bit kinda way.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I've got the old version on my cell phone. It's a fun game, although the mission I'm stuck on is hampered by the fact that Prowl and Sideswipe have majorly screwed up targeting areas.

I might have to get this for the iPod.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

I am interested in it, too. Let's see how much they charge. Or if there is any lite version first.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I kinda miss the days when phones were used to call people.....

I can't honestly say it looks very interesting to me, but I've never really seen any game for a phone that was really interesting to be perfectly honest. There really is only so much you can do given the platform I think.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

You can do a lot more on the iphone/ipod touch platform than you can on regular cellphones. However, seeing as this is a port from a cellphone game, I'm not too optimistic. I wish Apple would encourage more demos in the appstore.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Bought the G1 Awakening game today. Not bad actually and I am at lvl 4 now. The control kills me a little bit in the beginning. Is there any AI? Skywarp still attacks my OP when he only has 11 HP left.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

If it's like the regular cell phone version, the AI is pretty basic. That being said, even if he's only got 11 HP left, the more damage that gets inflicted on your characters, the less damage they do.

Which is why I'm still stuck where I am in the old cell phone version. I figured out Prowl and Sideswipe's targeting areas. Using them(and with a little assist from Prime), I can wipe out Starscream, Soundwave, Frenzy, and Megatron with no problem. The Big Problem is Trypticon. He might have short range weapons, but he can take a hell of a beating, and by the time you start to deal with him, he's built up almost enough energon to start cranking out more troops.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

None of these games look to be particularly worth paying money for.
On the other hand, theres a digital bumblebee action figure on the app store for free *tries to contain self*
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Summerhayes wrote:None of these games look to be particularly worth paying money for.
On the other hand, theres a digital bumblebee action figure on the app store for free *tries to contain self*
Don't mention about it. It was terrible. I will never pay the money to see Prime dancing.
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

I would prefer having a online game on the computer like Star wars. It would also be neat if there was a G.I joe game ,too.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Paul053 wrote:Don't mention about it. It was terrible. I will never pay the money to see Prime dancing.
Yeh, I got bored and downloaded it. I got a couple of chuckles making him dance (not particularly in time) to my songs but I concur, I'm certainly not gonna pay money for the other 'bots.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

I had this game for my HTC Touch Pro. It is a bit tedious, but very fun. It doesn't progress as quick as you would want a cell phone/smart phone game to advance. Pretty simplistic mechanics. I really do wish the animation and general gameplay would have progressed faster. Overall, not a bad game.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One