Why was I silenced?

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Kungfu Dinobot

Why was I silenced?

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

I know I haven't been the most tactful of posters, but can somebody please explain what I did that crossed the line?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Must be one of those weird urban things.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Karl Urban?

In answer to a question that hasn't been asked:

Posters are put on global ignore as a sort of ironic punishment for when they go on and on and on about the same things without ever listening to mod requests to change the record.

Like, for example, going on and on about AHM, Shane McCarthy, Spike Witwicky, the evils of the big boards and years old posts amidst other flame baiting comments.

This has, to the best of my knowledge, only been done the once before so there isn't any hard and fast rule about how long it lasts. It usually depends on whether or not the subject has actually learnt their lesson or not.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Kungfu Dinobot

ugh...

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

I just checked out the meaning on Urban Dictionary. Apparently, "Whack" is a more offensive slang than I taught.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Do you actually pay any attention to what people say?
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

inflatable dalek wrote:Do you actually pay any attention to what people say?
I have trouble understanding internet sarcasm.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

*sigh*

The point is you've been told about certain things you have been posting repeatedly, and about the general trend of your behaviour. You haven't listened and have basically forced the hand of the admins. Now you've got to try and convince them that you can change said behaviour if you want to continue posting properly here.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Cliffjumper wrote:*sigh*

The point is you've been told about certain things you have been posting repeatedly, and about the general trend of your behaviour. You haven't listened and have basically forced the hand of the admins. Now you've got to try and convince them that you can change said behaviour if you want to continue posting properly here.

Okay...

After spending the night deliberating my reply, I came up with this:

How do I prove that I am a changed man?
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Kungfu Dinobot wrote:Okay...

After spending the night deliberating my reply, I came up with this:

How do I prove that I am a changed man?

Anyone?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Voicing your opinions on things, rather than hiding behind this constant parade of 'fans demanded' and 'fans said' caveat.

That sort of behaviour reeks of celebrity rag muck raking and is the kind of bitchy tittle-tattle I'd expect of a 14 year old girl.

...apologies if you are a 14 year old girl.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yup. Unless it's actually relevant than just something you're using to push an agenda, don't mention other fans or boards at all; it's not exactly against the rules but it makes you look like a shit-stirrer when it happens so often. There's no point or gain in attacking the opinions of others if they're not here to either defend themselves or take in the criticism.
  • Don't make topics on subjects you know full well are controversial and then act all innocent when someone points this out.
  • Don't whore 'your' topics out to other posters via the board's PM system. If people are interested and want to reply, they will. Otherwise it's no better than cold-calling someone out, and I believe we've had words about that. Similarly, just because you are obsessed with something there's no need to derail multiple threads in that direction.
  • If a regular poster (the line between staff and regulars who know the ropes is blurred at this place because most of us have been knocking around for years) tells you about your conduct take onboard what they say rather than trying to think up some glib reply or proclaiming innocence.
  • Don't use disingenuous phrasing like
    I could point out that the Africans, by colonial European standards are "lesser alien species" since they don't have guns or ships, but I tackled the first subject before and they came on me like a brick shithouse.
    because you know full well you are saying it anyway, just with a weasel words disclaimer.
TBH I think you've got troll stamped through you like a stick of rock, because you know all that, but there we go. Ultimately it's not really my decision.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

You've been removed from the Global Ignore list now, but consider yourself on probation. You'll need to be on your best behaviour, because if any of the staff even suspects you of trolling they'll ban first and ask questions later.

But if you to heart the points that Cliffjumper and Skyquake posted in the previous two posts, you'll have nothing to worry about.
alphaads
Protoform

Post by alphaads »