Price Review on optimus prime

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Acsacs Prime
Protoform

Price Review on optimus prime

Post by Acsacs Prime »

I must say after looking at all the transformer toys i was very impressed, but then i looked at the prices. Optimus was way too much (as most people think) for a set of toys, especially the air defence team because no transformer can hold it anyway! As far as retail for optimus prime, that is wayyy too much you people will think. i mean its a plastic figure that takes less than $1.00 to make. lets say that it does cost them $1.00 to make it. its $40.00 retail, therefore they make $39.00 that splits up into: lighting and electricity, paying the workers, operating and maintaining the machines, and designers. the owners of hasbro only make a good $4.00 profit. So when you buy that optimus prime with sparkplug, and you complain about a price, remember that they make almost nothing on this deal.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Never pay attention to anyone using the phrase 'you people' without irony...
denfinn
Protoform

Post by denfinn »

They make more than the $4 on the toys. I work at Best Buy, and also get a discount at Media Play where I save 40% off of shelf price on their toys (including Transformers).
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

ABout the only part I understood about that was that no transformer can hold the air defense team. That's not true. In fact, I can fit him into the hand of all of the armada characters with fists.
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

poor Hasbro, barely scraping along :rolleyes:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't get this thread...