[CUSTOM] Classics Starscream

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
hXcpunk23
Protoform

Classics Starscream

Post by hXcpunk23 »

I had to jump on the bandwagon and give my Classics Starscream a much-needed "better" paintjob than the factory version, which seemed so lifeless and blah. Anyway, not much to really elaborate on here. I used some testors acrylic paint to give this sucker something more.....a slightly weathered, more realistic look and feel, while still retaining that comic book/animation look. If any Classics figure needed some help, this one was it. I still have a couple of touch-ups to do on the front of the legs, but otherwise, this sucker is done.

Feel free to offer any comments and constructive criticism (keep in mind, I'm still new to this and I've only cranked out one previous kitbash/repaint here, my take on Classics Ultra Magnus).

Enjoy!

(up next: Classics Grimlock)

Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I like that. :) Your choice in wing trim style works really well. The weathering feels a touch heavy on the jetmode, but it still works. It looks best in robot form, expecially in the torso area.

Good job.
hXcpunk23
Protoform

Post by hXcpunk23 »

Pun-3X wrote:I like that. :) Your choice in wing trim style works really well. The weathering feels a touch heavy on the jetmode, but it still works. It looks best in robot form, expecially in the torso area.

Good job.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually quite proud of the way it turned out.

And to think, I was scared to tackle it and screw something up--glad I took the chance.

Thanks again!
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

personally I'm fonder of the jet modes' style. It gives him a brutal vibe.[/two cents]

Nice work.
hXcpunk23
Protoform

Post by hXcpunk23 »

Now that you mention it, it does seem to give off that vibe. I really like the way both modes turned out. Now I'm itching to get a couple more to do Skywarp and Thundercracker.