TF comics- where to begin??

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
redgiant9
Protoform

TF comics- where to begin??

Post by redgiant9 »

Hey guys,

I've recently rediscovered all of my TF stuff, and was wondering what comic series I should start off with? Theres already a few stories that I would like to check out, but I just don't know what order I should take them. Any recommendations??

I have a few comics from DW, when they started back in 2002, but after hearing that they stopped and IDW is now making them, I want to know. where should I begin, or does it even matter?

Also does anyone know of a site that gives up to date character bios, kinda like what Marvel has done with their characters, which gives information about the current situation their characters are in. I'm asking because after reading DW TF: G1, #6 I learn that Grimlock ,one of my favorite characters switches sides and is with megatron now.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This isn't news, so why post it in the news forum? Assuming someone doesn't get to move it first, all that's likely to happen is pissing off a few hundred people who pass through, attracting several snarky comments and ending leaving in high dudgeon complaining about people here being unfriendly...

There are forum descriptions and, in a couple of cases, stickied threads MARKED LIKE THIS in forums. Give 'em a skim.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by redgiant9
after hearing that they stopped
Well, more to the point, the crooked bastards operating the company went bankrupt without paying the creators.
here should I begin, or does it even matter?
Would suggest Infiltration, Stormbringer or Spotlights -- anything to that point is fairly standalone, and it isn't until Escalation that you really need to have read Infiltration to understand where things are at.

http://tfarchive.com/comics/idw/

^ Stuff at the top left, listed in order.
Also does anyone know of a site that gives up to date character bios, kinda like what Marvel has done with their characters, which gives information about the current situation their characters are in. I'm asking because after reading DW TF: G1, #6 I learn that Grimlock ,one of my favorite characters switches sides and is with megatron now.

The latter example's pretty irrelevant since Dreamwave are dead and buried.

For IDW stuff, there's a big thread in their forum with character profiles:

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=81