Alternator Sunstreaker prototype surfaced?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Alternator Sunstreaker prototype surfaced?

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.2005boards.com/showthread.php?t=39609

Whew. Just hope they don't leave him red. Not because "5un5tr34k3r y3110w n07 r3d!!!!!1!11!one" but because two red Vipers would a little... boring.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I can't help but be slightly disappointed by it .... I mean, what colour will Sunstreaker be if Tracks is gonna be yellow ?

(that's based on the assumption that that really is Sunstreaker)
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Well, it might not be yellow, since that's what color Tracks is.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Well, if it's fake someone did a hell of a good job on the head.

I like it, though. It wouldn't be quite right if it wasn't yellow. Not because I'm some G1 purist but because his name is SUNstreaker. That name wouldn't quite fit a green or white car...
Spiderman
Protoform

Sweet

Post by Spiderman »

Looks pretty cool. I really hope they change the colors though. The face is great.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You mean they might have two tranformers of the same color? Scanalous!!! :rolleyes:

Hmmm . . . this thing's taking forever to load . . .

Feck it, I don't care what he looks like, if I have to wait this long for the pics.

Actually, I do, but I don't feel like waiting around for a site that obviously has too many object, or is too big in any other way that it would take forever for it to load on my super-fast university connection.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Spiderman
Protoform

Awesome

Post by Spiderman »

I'll definently get this Alternator. It actually resembles its G1 counter-part :laugh: Joking
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Hmmm . . . put a grill over his face, and you've got Wheeljack, as well.
I wonder if Hasbro's hiring . . .
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
It wouldn't be quite right if it wasn't yellow. Not because I'm some G1 purist but because his name is SUNstreaker. That name wouldn't quite fit a green or white car...

Yeah, but try and bear in mind that Lambor ended up as a Viper, despite the name actually being, well, indicative of a Lambourghini...
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well since the sun is a star and stars come in a variety of colors such as blue, red, white, orange, and yellow, I could see him being a different color. As Brend pointed out, they remade Lambor into a Dodge Viper even though his name is indicative of a Lambourghini. Personally, I would like to see either yellow or orange for this car if at all possible, but another color like red, white, or blue could also fit. What colors are available for the Dodge Viper if I may ask?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Yeah, but try and bear in mind that Lambor ended up as a Viper, despite the name actually being, well, indicative of a Lambourghini...

Whoah, never thought about that.

Then I guess naming a brown or purple car "Sunstreaker" isn't any worse...
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Looks neat, I want one!

They could make him orange or something...
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Originally posted by Civ
Well since the sun is a star and stars come in a variety of colors such as blue, red, white, orange, and yellow, I could see him being a different color. As Brend pointed out, they remade Lambor into a Dodge Viper even though his name is indicative of a Lambourghini. Personally, I would like to see either yellow or orange for this car if at all possible, but another color like red, white, or blue could also fit. What colors are available for the Dodge Viper if I may ask?

Yeah I agree, I'd rather have him orange or yellow.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

hhhmmm i donno if its just me, but i dont really see a resemblence between this mold and the Sideswipe mold in car mode. in G1, sunstreaker was a suped up version of Sideswipe's car mode, but in this one i just dont see a resemblance at all in the car modes, but a more of one in the robot mode. Am i alone in this?
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

It looks a little bit alike. I think the robot more so than the car mode.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

The robot mode looks dead similar. The car has similarities also. I don't really like the resemblance - I'd rather see something new, but I guess with car figures, there's only so much you can do.

-Ss
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
The robot mode looks dead similar. The car has similarities also. I don't really like the resemblance - I'd rather see something new, but I guess with car figures, there's only so much you can do.

-Ss

well while it would be nice to be something new, sunstreaker and sideswipe ARE brothers, so there has to be alot of similarities, but the thing i guess we can all be thankful for is that they didnt just REPAINT sideswipes model and call it sunstreaker. that would have sucked beyond reason
Sideswpe

Post by Sideswpe »

I hope they dont make it the neon yellow the tracks is 'cause thats a weakarse coloour.

They should make it orangey yellow (think the kind of yellow that cheetor was in BW[the first cheetor, not the TM, or TM2])
Too Lazy to Register

Post by Too Lazy to Register »

We should also bear in mind that these are merely prototypes (the Sunstreaker and Tracks ones I'm refering to), and if you notice, they don't even paint the face. I hardly doubt these will be the final colors, and even if they are (and Hasbro/Takara would be foolish for having to red Vipers in the line, I will agree), there's nothing preventing you from painting yours to the correct color. Actually, that could be even more fun.

Depending on if they bother with a Prowl, and how well that turns out, I've got an idea for a kickass version of him from a Smokescreen/Silverstreak that would really rock, with a Blue, White, and Black color scheme.