Armada UK News [tv, toys, etc]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Halfshell

Armada UK News [tv, toys, etc]

Post by Halfshell »

Judging by the new edition of "Toys 'n' Playthings" (ExCel Toyfair special edition), Hasbro UK are really going all-out on Armada. Which is good.

Not only do they use it as the lead line on their full-page "Consumer Products" (licensed goods) advert (above Action Man and My Little Pony), but they've also got a full-page ad specifically for the line, almost begging stores to carry the line.
All new range

Huge licensing programme including apparel & publishing

TV Advertised

TV Programming

Massive sales opportunities
They also plug the official TF site. Yay.

The ad is punctuated with a large piece of (small) Prime art, and a photo of Hot Shot with Jolt. I'll scan it if I can be bothered.

Oh, and in other news, the Character Licensing segment has a section on the line too. Apparantly, GMTV have picked up the free-to-air rights for the cartoon, which they'll start showing from the first Sunday in April (8.25am... let's just hope it's sliced up...). It then launches into an obviously-Hasbro-penned piece about the new toys, before touching on the large licensing campaign supposedly being orchestrated, and mentioning a "major QSR promotion" (anybody know what QSR is? I feel almost ashamed that I don't... though I'm not in licensing...)

Oh, and alongside the piece, underneath an image of the new TMNT toys, is a piece of artwork for Armada Thundercracker.

Uhm... I'm done... discuss.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Seems like good news. Just dont go into Wollys if you want anything though. The N'hampton store only has Megs. I'll have to check out TRU, but thats a bus ride away :p
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Brend, I'm not sure what QSR stand for either, but I think its quality (something) rating. Generally, it seems like every Woolies has Armada Megs, Z. The only one I want from series 1 that I don't own is Hot Shot. (As for the first Prime and the Street Action team, you can keep 'em). I know Armada TC is just a repaint, but I think (from what I've seen) that he looks good.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

In the two Woolworths within easy distance of me in Cardiff(Albany Rd and Clifton St for those keeping track at home), one of them has no Armada. I think they're trying to clear their remaining stock of RID... They have all four Build Team mebers and a couple of Sideburns. The other one has Starscream and Red Alert (no Megs). I'm quite eager to get back to Swansea, and see what they have there.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"