I can't believe what I found...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vincent
Protoform

I can't believe what I found...

Post by Vincent »

Hi. As you all may have noticed (or most likely not) I haven't come here for quite some time. Mostly because I think that the whole Transformers thing has gone cold as ice. No new toys have been coming here. AT ALL!

So, anyway, I was browing through my local TRU, hoping to find something new. I found some movie deluxes of 3 characters that didn't appear in the movie. (anyone care to give me an opinion of this? Just to make not too many threads. Longhaul, Dropkick, and some other guy)

Point is, right next to the crapload of alternator Voyagers and the couple of Cybertron Primus', I found a small cardboard box with the paled out word "Transformers" on it. I found this odd, so I held it, opened it, and I find a shoe! And a picture of an odd Optimus. IT WAS THE SHOE TRANSFORMER!

This is weird, isn't it? I mean, aren't they rare or something? And we get nothing over here. The only repaint we ever got was Rescue Ratchet.

Should I get it?
Clay

Post by Clay »

The shoe thing was one of Takara's more desperate attempt to grasp at straws. Never made it outside of Japan apart from import stores. How one ended up at a TRU, I don't know.

Where is "here"?
Vincent wrote:
Should I get it?
Only if it's a black version.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

"Here" is Saudi Arabia.

The black version is Megatron, right? Or is it Prime?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Clay wrote: Only if it's a black version.
Green ftw.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Vincent wrote:"Here" is Saudi Arabia.

The black version is Megatron, right? Or is it Prime?
It's a joke :)

Have no clue how it ended up in a Saudi TRU. An import shop makes sense, but not a retail chain like that. Very odd!
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

ah. I will probably get it just because it's rare. Would be way cooler if you could actually wear it, though. >.>

What about Longhaul, Dropkick, and arm-something? (movie deluxes)
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Dropkick is one of the best of the line IMO. Great looking alt mode, fantastic bot mode, and a really nice transformation. If that wasn't enough, the silly little claw weapon thing is totally removable and won't be missed in either mode. Honestly one of my favorites.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

@Vincent: do you mean Longarm? And since when was there a movie Longhaul???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Dropkick is easily one of the best Movie Deluxes, and the best pick-up Transformer around.

Check out his review, if you want more info.

http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/mov_dropkick.php

He's an excellent G1 Insecticon homage!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.