$800 good for a boxed fort max?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
MaGilicuti
Protoform

$800 good for a boxed fort max?

Post by MaGilicuti »

no rips in box, fort max complete except for big gun. $800 a good price?

Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

To be honest I have no idea if it's a good deal, but never in a million years would I pay that! :eek:
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
To be honest I have no idea if it's a good deal, but never in a million years would I pay that! :eek:

hard to find vintage item. should be a nice addition to my collection. too bad its not mint
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

that is a pretty good price if Max is in mint condition.

I think the same toy usually goes for at least that much, if not more on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's acceptable if you're going to take him out of the box. If you aren't,it's daft as you could have got an empty box for a fracftion of that and put a few housebricks in it.
Mindcruncher
Protoform

Re: $800 good for a boxed fort max?

Post by Mindcruncher »

It's a real collectors item and I would love to have one. But to my opinion it's really too much man
Do dutch people collect Transformers?! Yes they do!!!
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

where are the true insane collectors? i think this is a great find
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

If you list it, they will come.

Box, insert, Fort Max by pieces... they will come.

Cerebros and Spike can go for $100 each from time to time.

For that matter, I have seen Lord Zarak go for $75.00 alone.

Funny though, Scorponok's body is not really that rare, but Fort Max's body is.

If you are looking to sell it, part it out for the most amount of money, or, get the big gun, and sell it as complete.

BTW, I think this is a unique way around your earlier post about selling boxed TFs for sale.

Can I make a suggestion for you?

Make up a simple HTML page and host it somewhere with the stuff you are wanting to sell, then modify your signature file with a link to that page, and call it something like "My Transformers for sale, boxed etc", and I think you would be suprised at how many people are interested.

if you want a basic page here is a very simple layout:

<html>
<head>
<title>My TF for sale</title>
</head>
<body>
<a href="http://www.anywebsiteyouhostat/yourfile ... .jpg">Name of the item</a>
Make as many as you want, and when people click on it, it will display the picture
</body>
</html>

This is a very very basic page, for that matter, if you go to Yahoo!, you can sign up for free hosting, and they have a web page creator, that makes it very easy, and you can add design to it.

I know it seems like a pain in the butt, but the mods/admins really don't like for people to list trades/sales directly here, because there have been problems in the past, but they don't have a problem with you making a link to another page.

If you would like me to help you with making up a simple page, drop me an email, or a pm, or ICQ me.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by MaGilicuti
where are the true insane collectors? i think this is a great find

Well, I'm sure if Deloreansetup hadn't gotten himself banned, you could have talked with him about the insane glory of having a bunch of boxes and way too much money on your hands... :rolleyes:

I won't speak for all of us here, but myself, I tend to look down on those who want the box and never have a desire to open it. I guess a lot of us can find a lot of other uses for $800, but maybe that's just me...
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Well, I'm sure if Deloreansetup hadn't gotten himself banned, you could have talked with him about the insane glory of having a bunch of boxes and way too much money on your hands... :rolleyes:

I won't speak for all of us here, but myself, I tend to look down on those who want the box and never have a desire to open it. I guess a lot of us can find a lot of other uses for $800, but maybe that's just me...

i have plenty loose, i just like the rarity of the boxed sealed tfs. and i actually do have the money to throw so its not a prob. but i like getting a good deal, its part of the fun i guess in shopping for collectibles.

and this isn't a sale, i am actually buying this item myself.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

If I had that much, I'd buy it. That's a good deal, considering he can go for over $1000 in an auction. He's so rare, and he's the biggest transformer ever.
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
If I had that much, I'd buy it. That's a good deal, considering he can go for over $1000 in an auction. He's so rare, and he's the biggest transformer ever.

thanx for making me feel better about the purchase
deji
Protoform

Post by deji »

"Huh, 'me and what army'! I'll show HIM what army."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Eh... I agree it is a reasonable deal, but I wouldn't buy it. If I were already committed (to be taken either way you like) to spending $800 on a Maximus, I'd save up another hundred or two and go for Grand. Come on, you know the Pretender shell and Master Sword are worth it...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Speaking of which,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1774343576

I would do anything for $900 right now. There is no act too vile.
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

that boxed fort max you have listed looks good but not sure what that converts into...
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

Speaking of which,

great piece, real nice.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by MaGilicuti
i have plenty loose, i just like the rarity of the boxed sealed tfs. and i actually do have the money to throw so its not a prob. but i like getting a good deal, its part of the fun i guess in shopping for collectibles.

and this isn't a sale, i am actually buying this item myself.

Well, as long as you like to open them, I'm cool with that. I still don't understand the whole "MISB" concept, though. The only reason I'd be for it is so you know you're getting a mint condition figure. Otherwise, it seems kind of pointless to spend that much on a figure and not even get to open it... Only way I'd get any sealed ones and leave them that way was if I already had a loose one. The reason I don't do that? There's still a hell of a lot of TF's I'm still looking for... and $800 would buy more than a few of them. :D
Mindcruncher
Protoform

Post by Mindcruncher »

Speaking of which,

WTF is all that?! It's not very clear in the pictures. It has pretenders and more?! Never seen that fine piece of superb art with all that stuff included
Do dutch people collect Transformers?! Yes they do!!!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That is Grand Maximus. He's from Masterforce. He was not only a double headmaster, but Cerebros (or whatever they called him) also had a pretender shell. I wish I had $900. Maybe Takara will reissue him. :D