Woo Hoo look what I've just bought!!!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
mr everton fc
Protoform

Woo Hoo look what I've just bought!!!!

Post by mr everton fc »

So tempted to transform this. Come's with unused sticker sheet and acsessories still sealed in original bag. it was ebay item number 5987361067 if any one want to check it out.

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

How much did you pay for it [too bored to search through e-bay]? Pretty good find ;)

Would like one myself [although I prefer the grand max version] if I had the money and space
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
mr everton fc
Protoform

Post by mr everton fc »

Lets just say I had to break the bank to get it (£552). However when I recived it I have to say it was worth every penny.

Altough I did have a bit of trouble getting it as a Postman acctualy found out what what was in the box he was delivering and stole it!!! Would you belive it. It's amazing I acctually got hold of it at all.

This was the TF I wanted most as a kid and know I've got it and I'm not sure if I should go ahead and transform it or leave him MIB. god its so tempting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, whatever you do don't open him. Paying £552 for a big, heavy box is a really good move.

Actually, with Max, the box has the same playability as the figure, so...
mr everton fc
Protoform

Post by mr everton fc »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Oh, whatever you do don't open him. Paying £552 for a big, heavy box is a really good move.

Actually, with Max, the box has the same playability as the figure, so...

Ok I can sense your sarcasm. I know I paid alot but I've seen MIB Fort max's go for almost double of what I paid and in far worse condition.

All I'll say is I'm pleased with it and it's a great addition to my collection.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've got a Brave Max and he's alright. It's not my favorite figure by any means but he's nice. The robot mode doesn't do a whole lot, it's true, but the city mode is the cool part of the figure.
mr everton fc
Protoform

Post by mr everton fc »

Originally posted by Hound
I've got a Brave Max and he's alright. It's not my favorite figure by any means but he's nice. The robot mode doesn't do a whole lot, it's true, but the city mode is the cool part of the figure.

Yeah the robot mode does look a bit chuncky (looks like its made out of Duplo blocks.) But the city mode does look awesome (from the pics on the box anyway).
cocorubs
Protoform

Post by cocorubs »

Do what, I cocorubs does, buy the box and put it away. Yeahaw!!!! I have a box. Okay, I haven't learned my lesson yet, but I will in the future.

If you have read any of my posts, and everyone has, then understand, the mistake I do everyday. Let it sit in a box on the shelf and do nothing with it.

No, go and play with it, I wish I had Metroplex. I really liked him, but never had him as a child.

Good buy!!!
What's the use?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by cocorubs
Do what, I cocorubs does

You know what they say about people who refer to themselves in the third person don't you?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

You know, it's when I read stuff like this, that I feel a bit happy. You paid more for an MIB US Fort Max than I did for an MISB Grand Max. I know I got a good deal on the guy - but this makes me feel even better:D

Honnestly though. It's a toy. A 2 foot tall giant transfroming robot. Why keep him in the box? Take him out, rip open the little baggie, apply the stickers, transform him, put him on display, have your micro masters and minicons crawl all over him. That's what he was designed for. And I can't fathom paying that much money and not enjoying him. honnestly.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
You know, it's when I read stuff like this, that I feel a bit happy. You paid more for an MIB US Fort Max than I did for an MISB Grand Max. I know I got a good deal on the guy - but this makes me feel even better:D

Honnestly though. It's a toy. A 2 foot tall giant transfroming robot. Why keep him in the box? Take him out, rip open the little baggie, apply the stickers, transform him, put him on display, have your micro masters and minicons crawl all over him. That's what he was designed for. And I can't fathom paying that much money and not enjoying him. honnestly.
I'm with Brave on this one. MISB collectors that spent that much money for a box should get special treatment. No matter the reason. Even if the box has radio-active dust inside and you'll die when you open it, you have to open something so expensive. It's the rule :laugh:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'll be goddamned if I'm going to pay over $50US for any toy and not open it up and play with it. That's got to be a sin...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Actually, I like MISB collectors. It means when I buy some old G1 stuff that hasn't been re-issued, I'm the first one to put the stickers on. The first Metroplex I got was horrible. The stickers were put on so bad.

But I sold that one and got an MISB Metro - and well, now all my stickers look nice and pretty :D

I agree with Hound and Knightdramon - I pay that much, and he's coming out of the box.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
Actually, I like MISB collectors. It means when I buy some old G1 stuff that hasn't been re-issued, I'm the first one to put the stickers on. The first Metroplex I got was horrible. The stickers were put on so bad.

But I sold that one and got an MISB Metro - and well, now all my stickers look nice and pretty :D
I don't mind if stickers are placed wrong if they aren't missing. I have become very good at peeling off the stickers (very carefully and with a very sharp knife) and putting those on right places. Part of the fun.
:glance:
chimung
Protoform

Post by chimung »

Call me insane, but if I payed THAT much money for a TF, I'd have had it out of the box the second I got it, if I was to pay THAT much for a toy you'd be damned sure I'd be playing with it.
"Can you get this Vacuum cleaner to f*ck this cake?", Uncle Grandfather; Perfect Hair Forever
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

Originally posted by mr everton fc

Altough I did have a bit of trouble getting it as a Postman acctualy found out what what was in the box he was delivering and stole it!!! Would you belive it. It's amazing I acctually got hold of it at all.

:eek: :eyebrow: he shold lose his job for stealing his delivery..did you call the cops ?

But i say open the box carefully pull out the contents and play with him and seal the box again..voila you can play with the figure and take a look at that glorius box
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Bludgeon-X
:eek: :eyebrow: he shold lose his job for stealing his delivery..did you call the cops ?

Tampering with someone else's mail is a federal crime over here in the states, with prison sentences attached.

I don't know what the punishment is in England. Can't imagine how the delivery worker would be able to keep his job, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can't actually see how he tried to steal it and failed, unless he either did it in the Post Office or on your drive.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I can't actually see how he tried to steal it and failed, unless he either did it in the Post Office or on your drive.

If the postman tried to steal it and actually failed, then we already know he's an idiot. This opens the door to possibilities that were not otherwise plausible if we were assuming the thief to be competent. :p
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
You know what they say about people who refer to themselves in the third person don't you?

They're a dinobot?
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS