Cliffjumper's Mighty Sale or Trade List!

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/bluesto ... Z1QQ_fromZ

Erm, wow, looks like one of them's rarer than I thought...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's fairly hard to come by in the US, at least, because people don't often bother listing copies on eBay.

Which reminds me, if you happen to spot a cheap Complete Works V2, I've been meaning to pick one up -- they're not exactly rare, just again not listed much.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've got four copies of the first one, I could tape two together? No, I never found that one, though secondhand copies of both Complete Works (I mean, legally, how did they get away with that?) seem to be entirely in the hands of morons who can't read the spines, from experience.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

OMG I think I still have those annuals somewhere in my parents loft along with some old Secret Army Supplies toys. Think I'm gonna have to have a looksee and get some more things listed on Ebay myself.
I also have the very first TF annual from 1984 but I know its not in very good condition (I was 6/7yrs old at the time)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The early ones are basically worthless - the main reason I'm not listing my copies of the first 4 or 5 is simply that they don't sell. Not only were they printed in much bigger numbers, but also Titan reprinted most of the Furman strips within. It's only really the later ones that are sought after - you can see the jump on my auctions, I wouldn't be surprised if the 89/90 editions don't get the start bid myself.

Am having slight crisis of conscience with the G2 one, though - do I add something in there warning that it's probably the worst publication put out under the brand (barring The Beast Within)?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

As I say, I'm genuinely a bit uneasy about it, because it's a piece of shit... But then I had an article on my site for about a year stating that, so **** 'em :p Visit Counter-X, it saves money!

EDIT: Well, not anymore, I stripped that bit out... now I just give positive reviews to expensive toys...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

**** me.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Utterly mad.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0342673597

^ Score. I don't know why people bother with one day listings, but I'm glad they do.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nice result! Let me know about the SPECIAL PAGE when it hits please please please :) I'd especially like to know what happens with the Shockwave/Dinobots pages - IIRC their sections were all 'self-contained' on their own pages, and I always wondered if they'd be hacked out of the "Autobots win!" version.

Could never work out why they went with that cover either... It does sort-of tie in with Megatron versus the US Army (apart from the fact he didn't fire on them), but it's just a bit random.

re: 1-day listings, concur there - landed me this (non-TF related)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0321507278

Even in the current buyers' market that's a £15 comic, more if there are a couple of mentals fighting over it. I'll be testing the theory once I've scanned it...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

May contain Transformers. I say "trade", but I'm after a pretty limited range of things - anything Ideon I don't have, 1/144 Turn A Gundam model kits, high-quality scans of Vulcan issuesand so on. Depending on mood I can be tempted by anything that's a robot with diecast parts, so it's always worth a try...

All prices before P&P - with patience I can scab packaging from work for free, so it'll just be shipping charges.

So, TF stuff...

Diaclone-ish Ratchet-ish - £5

That's actually the rare eHobby Shining Ratchet, honest. Nah, one very yellowed Ratchet (the other side is much less severe, which is bizarre as that's the one that would be up against the window) with the Diaclone box, styro insert, gun (but no post) and a wonky missile (good luck getting that out of the styro). Good joints, and a cheap way to own a boxed Diaclone for lazy bragging.

Marvel UK Plague of the Insecticons special - £2

Reprints "Plague" and "There Shall Come... A Leader!", a bit worn but generally good condition.

UK Energon annual - £1

Reprints a couple of random (emphasis on this, I think it's the first two parts of "What Lies Beneath") in big format. Warning: big and heavy.

Action Master buddy Fist Fight - Price Of Postage

From Shockwave, maybe, can't remember. Missing an arm part, but otherwise good condition.

Non-TF

HCM 1/144 MS-06R Zaku II - £6

Black Tri-Stars version. Comes with backpack, machine gun, shield, Heat Hawk. Missing a tiny fin and a small booster from the back of the legs, heavily yellowed thighs, a couple of chips at the knees. Good joints, decent articulation. Box has a little wear, comes with file card, instructions, tray, styro and lid.

HCM 1/144 MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon - £8

Thomas Kurtzman version. 100% complete with backpack cannon, hand rifle, grenade launchers, arm boosters, ignited and unignited twin beam sword. Good condition, no damage, good joints, decent articulation. Box has a little wear, comes with file card, instructions, tray, styro and lid.

HCM 1/144 MS-06 Z-Gundam - £10

100% complete with all Wave Rider parts, beam rifle, both beam sabers (one still on tree) and spare white 'V'. Mint conditon, no discolouration, tight joints. Box has light wear, mainly where someone's tried to remove a written-on price. Comes with file card, instructions, styro and lid.

MS in Pocket Hexa Gundam - £4

Box says 1/144 scale; it's not, it's closer to 1/200 (roughly the same as MSiA). Hard plastic, no separation but good articulation. Very common discolouration to the blue chest (closer to aqua, think Brainstorm). Mint condition, with beam saber, sword, beam rifle, energy shield and backpack. Box has some light wear, but basically good condition, with styro, plastic 'second window', styro 'beam', instructions and catalogue.

MS in Pocket Zanscare Zoloat - £4

Basic specs as above - no separation, 1/200ish, excellent articulation. Mint condition, 100% complete with beam saber, rifle, cannon, energy axe, energy shield, backpack, wings. Box has some light wear, but basically good condition, with styro, plastic 'second window', styro 'beam', instructions and catalogue.

Robo Machines Mega Truck - £2

Missing the trailer container, with some playwear, dead battery.

Banpresto Tetsuwan Atom figure - Astro Girl - GONE

MOSC, I couldn't tell you much more about this one. You just end up with this stuff...

Taiwan God Mars Majin Sphinx - £3

Good knockoff - diecast parts where they should be, Popy-compatible. Only difference from the real thing is different stickers and a lack of transparent parts for Gaia to be seen through in combined mode.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I know someone who'd go for the Astro Girl if you want me to bung you a quid next time I'm sending something. No rush at all though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, no worries. Stormwatch scans (a/o) covered the quid*. It might go through a letterbox, thinking about it. If they're into Ozuma stuff in general, I've got a Giant Robo (Anime version) by Banpresto kicking around that can go for nothing if wanted too - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0347729681 - ****er didn't pay)

* Random: I've got scans of #23 1/2 (Wizard freebie) if wanted.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:Nice result! Let me know about the SPECIAL PAGE when it hits please please please :) I'd especially like to know what happens with the Shockwave/Dinobots pages - IIRC their sections were all 'self-contained' on their own pages, and I always wondered if they'd be hacked out of the "Autobots win!" version.

Could never work out why they went with that cover either... It does sort-of tie in with Megatron versus the US Army (apart from the fact he didn't fire on them), but it's just a bit random.
More to the point it's crap even by early cover standards.

Okay condition, apart from the git selling failing to mention one side of the spine being torn through. Still, I'm not that fussy and would've still bid -- and it would've been a couple of neutrals at most for not mentioning damage if they hadn't gotten arsey and acted like they were doing me a massive favour by selling me an extremely shagged out copy of a late 90s Warhammer 40K rule book in the conversation that followed.

Right, what am I supposed to be looking at? Nope, the Shockers/Dinobots double-sider is still there. Special page being?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The "Love conquers all!" ending isn't in the thing? Then where the hell did that scan come from?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Oh, right. Yeah, the closed ending is used, rather than open a new plotline they were never going to get around to reprinting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Which is bizarre considering they had a weekly comic chugging away nicely - "Check out Transformers at your newsagents' for the continuing adventures of the Transformers"...

Mind you, the books themselves are bizarre considering around then they were doing collected comics for about half the price.

Everything else the same as CW1?
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/ ... e%20Works/
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: Mind you, the books themselves are bizarre considering around then they were doing collected comics for about half the price.
Would I be right in assuming they were aimed at the Christmas market? I guess the annuals were doing so well for them they figured money for old rope. Though the fact there wasn't a third suggests they didn't do that well (Were they both put out at the same time?). I wonder if the new ending was something that had been genuinely made for the American comic or if the UK staff just dropped the last page and redid Prime's last speech bubble.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:Everything else the same as CW1?
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/ ... e%20Works/
Interior's a very cel-animation style background that looks like it's supposed to be the inside of the Ark when in space. Recap of the story so far. Same spread is used for the back without text. Same layout back as the first volume, with the Megatron cover. It was £2.95, ISBN 0-948936-04-5. Printed by Cradley Print PLC, Warley, West Midlands, which is basically just down the road from here...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

As an FYI, most of the above will be on ebay in a couple of days' time.