Spotlight: Licensing Show Speculative/Vague Indication of TF Related Products For '07

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Aardvark

Spotlight: Licensing Show Speculative/Vague Indication of TF Related Products For '07

Post by Aardvark »

An article on Spotlight: Licensing Show 2006 at http://www.playthings.com has reported the following;

http://www.playthings.com/article/CA6344835.html
Transformer fans will have a lot to look forward to next year as a new line of Generation One (G1) products hit the market—especially in the digital media space—due to a partnership with Activision. These offerings will debut in 2007 along with a movie produced by Dreamworks Pictures and Paramount Pictures. An extensive line of movie merchandise will be available, including digital media, apparel, accessories, publishing and home decor. Additional licensed products include comics (IDW), apparel and accessories (Accessory Network) and collectibles (Diamond Select Toys), plus an online personalization portal that will provide customizable classic Transformers images on t-shirts, sweatshirts and stamps.
-Alex???
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Bound to come I suppose...
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

They hint at a comic adaptation of the Movie which I'm mildly interested in and also the T-shirt thing is nifty.
-Alex???
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

:)

That'll do nicely, particularly a comic (Marvel? IDW?) and items for the children...

Ohhh, my wallet!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by Clogs
particularly a comic (Marvel? IDW?)

In the first post
Additional licensed products include comics (IDW)

Personally, I don't think it's much of a surprise at all. I mean, most movies licence the snot out of themselves just to make more money (that's where the real money is anyway) and it's not like the TF line has a history of licencing it's self into EVERYTHING.
Aardvark

Hasbro Strikes Licensing Deals To Elevate Core Toy and Game Properties

Post by Aardvark »

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en
TRANSFORMERS: COMING TO SCREENS OF ALL SIZES NEAR YOU

With 380 days remaining until the action-packed TRANSFORMERS movie by DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures takes theaters by storm, HPG has inked several additional deals that will allow TRANSFORMERS to further invade every facet of fans' lives through a series of interactive entertainment licensing deals. Activision is on board to develop and globally distribute a TRANSFORMERS video game for next generation consoles, PC Windows and handheld platforms and Glu Mobile is signed on to bring a TRANSFORMERS mobile gaming experience to popular wireless handsets worldwide.

With more than 50 licensees signed to date, OPTIMUS PRIME and his fellow AUTOBOTS will also continue to battle their way onto IDW comic book pages, as well as kids' books from HarperCollins, watches from Seiko, greeting cards from American Greetings, and apparel from Drew Pearson and Fruit of the Loom in 2006.

Product & Lifestyle Categories on Display: Digital Media (Activision, Glu Mobile); Publishing (HarperCollins, IDW); Apparel/Accessories (Seiko, Drew Pearson, Fruit of the Loom).
Looks like Xbox isn’t the only console getting the game after all...Phew

Some other interesting titbits in there too...
-Alex???
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I am so happy fruit of the loom has a license deal. For obvious reasons.
Come on and wind me up.