Movie name, cast addition, and location revealed.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Aardvark

Movie name, cast addition, and location revealed.

Post by Aardvark »

http://uk.filmforce.ign.com/articles/709/709691p1.html
May 23, 2006 - Yesterday, at an American Idol press day, we had the opportunity to chat with Glenn Morshower, who plays Agent Aaron Pierce on TV's 24. The actor hinted that he is off to New Mexico to shoot a movie with Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay. Transformers, anyone? Add Morshower to a growing cast that includes John Voight, Shia LeBouf, Michael Clarke Duncan, Bernie Mac, John Turturro and Tyrese.

The actor stated that the name of the film will in fact be Prime Directive, which makes sense since Optimus Prime is the main Autobot. There is no word whether this is merely a shooting title, a subtitle (as in The Transformers: Prime Directive), or will stand alone (although that seems unlikely).

Will the name survive until theatrical release? One thing to consider is that "Prime Directive" features heavily in the Star Trek mythos as well, as the abiding rule that all Starfleet officers must follow (ie: "At first, do no harm").
Well ok Prime Directive is still just a possibility.
-Alex???
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Or maybe Bay and Spielberg are making two films at once, and the other one is Prime Directive.

*falls to floor flailing at a passing elongated drinking aid*

Wasn't that the name of the first DW mini? Yay...
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Or maybe Bay and Spielberg are actually Morecambe and Wise- not "The" Morecambe and Wise, a different comedy pair altogether...

Anyway is the aforementioned chap any good? In terms of acting, not his moral standing. Only an actor of pure pure evil would accept a role in a film being shot in Mexico (The phrase "Shot in Mexico" brings a smile to my face...and a tear to my eye)
-Alex???
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Aardvark
Anyway is the aforementioned chap any good?

He's decent. He's one of those actors who's made a career out of standing about playing "the down to earth high level police/security bloke with an air of rugged authority". Which is fair enough.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607703/
He also appears to be going for broke in overtaking Sam Anderson and Terry O'Quinn in the "I've been in everything, me" stakes.