Beast Machines season boxes to be published in Finland

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Osku
Protoform

Beast Machines season boxes to be published in Finland

Post by Osku »

NTFA member Inkku has informed that Beast Machines season boxes have appeared on the Finnish to be published DVD listing.

Publisher will be Sony and series will be released in two parts (July 2007).
http://www.dvdplaza.fi/leffakanta/nayta.php?sid=6605
http://www.dvdplaza.fi/leffakanta/nayta.php?sid=6606

No further information is available at the moment, and personally I'm very, very surprised. To put this into context, Armada was the first TF cartoon broadcasted in Finland, and we only got the first wave of Beast Machines toys in the late 90's. There are propably only a handful of Finns that have seen or even heard of Beast Machines series.

Also it's very unusual for DVD-boxes to be released only in Finland (small country). So most likely this is either combined Nordic Europe release (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark), or a wider European release.

This could be a sign that Sony will try to benefit from the upcoming movie hype and release also other Transformers products and cartoons in Europe. Do we know which companies have publishing rights for the cartoons in Europe? Metronome has rights for "G1" cartoons in UK(?), but how about rest of Europe and other cartoon series?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That's cool. I definitely liked the Beast Machines series. Maybe not as great as Beast Wars, but a lot better than people give it credit for. I definitely thought it was fun.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well, we'll have to wait until the release schedule adds more details, like subtitle/audio options. That would lighten up the issue a lot, and we'd see just where exactly the bloody DVDs originate from.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Or if we find out that a similar box sets are upcoming also in other European countries, we'll know that it's meant for wider European release.

I've bought the Rhino's US release, but will propably get these boxsets because of curiosity. A bit afraid how certain words will be translated though.